Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 12 April 2012

Shabby Chic and/or Vintage at MAWTT


Hello again! This is my second post for today and this time it's to share my DT project for 

where this week the very lovely Sue has picked the theme

SHABBY CHIC and/or VINTAGE

I decided to alter a canvas and I really enjoyed putting this project together.


I started with a blank 8"x8" canvas and painted it using a mix of pink and green acrylic paints and then sponged over the top with white acrylic paint - you can only see that really on the sides :o)
I then die cut 9 x 2.5" square chipboard shapes and covered each of these with various shabby chic Design Papers from Prima - Nature's Garden and adhered them to the canvas - using Glossy Accents.
The edges have been distresses using a sponge and some white acrylic paint.


I won the fab Saturated Canary image (Fairy) recently at Cupcake Crafts and I love her wild hair :o)
Image coloured with PM's and FM's and lashings of Stickles added to her wings.


Sentiment - Cut using Cricut and then Stickles added


This also used:
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Memory Box - Madera Corner
Adhesive Pearls - Stash
Martha Stewart Frond Punch
Tiny Butterfly punch - Hobbycraft


I really did enjoy creating this project and I hope you can find some inspiration from it too :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:

Sweet Stamps - Vintage/Shabby Chic
Creative Mondays - Anything But a Card
Wild Orchid Challenge - Things with Wings

Thanks for your visit today.
TTFN

21 comments:

Claire said...

This is absolutely stunning Debs - I love the effect of this teamed with such a gorgeous image - very jealous that you have the time to experiment and make such gorgeous work. Hugs, Claire xx

Lisa Jane said...

Sue - this is stunning. I love the design and the gorgeous papers .. so feminine
Lisa x

sallysbitz said...

This looks a stunning canvas. So much work x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Cheryl said...

oh Hun how stunningly beautiful is this the image papers,and your amazing detail Hun just fantastic,
bless you to Hun for the lovely comments you left on my blog,so kind,and so much appreciated,hugs Cherylxxxx

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Debs,
Wow! what a gorgeous card - she is a fabulous fairy and so beautifully coloured too:) and love how you arranged those papers and embellies, just wonderful! Big Hugs, Teresa x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Debs this is amazing, what a stunning creation, Im off to buy a canvas or 3 to make some. Love Hxx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Wow! this is So gorgeous Debs! the image is beautiful - her sparkly wings are really pretty! The papers and embellishments are all stunning and the lettering is So cool. It's perfect Shabby Chic. I still haven't quite mastered it. My first 2 attempts went in the bin and so I played it very safe in the end!!! but loved doing it and so glad to hear that you enjoyed the theme too!!
Hope you have a good day!
Love Sue xx

Wishcraft said...

Wow Debs, this is gorgeous! I keep meaning to have a go at a canvas - thanks for the inspiration hun :o) Lisa x

Pami said...

oooh you are so clever Debs! This is fabulous! It looks amazing I really should try doing one of these! Hope you had a great day. Pami x

DesignerDiva said...

WOW Debs your sentiment says it all! it really is forever beautiful! Its gorgeous and so creative huge well done Mrs!
Can you give Lola a huge 'I can't wait to be a grandma hug' from me please!
Hugs Laurie xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

This is just stunning hun, love it!
Hugs Shell xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is stunning, I love the layout you have used, fabulous creation huggles Pops x x x

Mau xx said...

This is beautiful Debs, I love the unusual colours and the image is gorgeous! I can see why you enjoyed making this. It has turned out brilliantly.
Hugs Mau xx

Anne Kristine said...

Such a lovely card!
Lovely image ♥
Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs Anne Kristine

Anne Kristine said...

Such a lovely card!
Lovely image ♥
Thanks for joining our challenge at WOC this time - hope to see you back at our next challenge!
Hugs Anne Kristine

Betka said...

Wow stunning! This is beautiful project!
Frienly hugs, (:Betka:)

ribenaruby said...

This is a fab project, so full of love! Ruby x

Hilde Larsen aka. Tindaloo said...

wow! this is so gorgeous ♥ luv the image and embellishes :)

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Debs you have won my heart with this one. I have been itching for this challenge to come round so I could have a closer peak lol! It is just amazing hun! Wow!

Stacey Richardson, SweetStamps.com said...

Fantastic design and coloring! Thanks for joining us at SweetStamps.com this week and good luck in the challenge!