Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

A Little Experiment


Good evening. I wasn't sure I'd have anything to post today as I have been busy Spring Cleaning then doing a bit of ironing whilst watching Create & Craft :o)
I watched Fran Seiford from Stampendous and was in awe of her gorgeous techniques and was soooooo tempted to ask John for the products she was using for my birthday next week when I thought I would have an experiment with the range of Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powders and Jewel Flakes I already have.

Here's my take on the 'Encrusted Jewel' technique


I started with a 14cm square piece of Crafter's Companion Centura Pearl card and dabbed various colours of shimmer chalks to create background.


Then I stamped the Kanban image from the Jasper set using Versamark and added Cosmic Shimmer Lava Black EP but before I heat embossed this I added various other colours and types of Embossing Powders and also added some of the Glitter Jewels before heating from underneath.


You can just about see the sparkle from the encrusted Glitter Jewels - IRL it is fabulous :o)


This panel was then simply mat and layered onto a co-ordinating piece of card and a sentiment from Hobby Arts added to the corner to finish it off.
I was thrilled with the results and I can't wait to have another go :o)
I may still be tempted to get the products from Stampendous as well as the colours they have are stunning :o)


Challenges I would like to enter:
Art with no Boundaries - Anything Goes
Love to Create - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Victorine Stamps - Anything Goes
Pile it On - Sparkle and Shine
Crafts for Eternity - Something New (technique)

Don't forget there is still time to enter my birthday candy - draw will be made on my birthday 1st May 
see sidebar for details :o)

Thanks for your visit today - I really appreciate it.
Have a wonderful evening.
TTFN

30 comments:

Sheena said...

What a great technique - the effect is stunning! Sheena xx

Claire said...

WOW this is just gorgeous Debs, firstly I wish I was at home being able to watch C&C and secondly be able to experiment and play! :O( I absolutely love this, you can definitely see the shimmer and sparkle on the photos and can't wait to see more of these. Hugs, Claire x

BethieJ said...

A absolutely STUNNING card! LOVE how you SPARKLED it all up!!
Thank You for joining us at PIO!
Have a GREAT day!

DesignerDiva said...

Hi Debs, just been looking at everything I've missed on your blog! I don't know what happened to me, I must have been under a rock or something!! Clyde the dragon is really cute!
You were a bit quick off the mark with this make lol, I saw a bit of C& C this afternoon and you've mastered it already! Gorgeous!
Your butterfly hanging is very pretty too, you have been extra busy!
Glad you got my parcel, sorry they weren't wrapped!
Hugs Laurie xx

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is just brilliant,love that stamp I watched that show too and you have done a brilliant job here hun so so effective love it hugs Cheryl xx

Debbie said...

Wow Debs, you've done an amazing card.I watched the demos too and think you've produced a stunning piece of art.Nice to try something new.Fab job.Hugs Debbie x

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Debs....love the gorgeous image and fabulous design too hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Lisa Jane said...

ooh ow what a fabulous technique and a gorgeous finished product ... i love that shimmering background
Lisa x

Pia S said...

Love the image and all the sparkle! Great card! Saw it on MIM

Fluffles said...

Oh Wow! I love this, great experiment I'd say! Jx

1CardCreator said...

This is so very cool, I love the technique you used! I saw you at Make It Monday. ~Diane (I am # 122)

Meggymay said...

Stunning project, the embossing is gorgeous. Than you for joining us at FSC this time.
Meggymay

Judith said...

Wow! this is gorgeous degs can tell you were watching create and craft cos you've been very creative and crafty - I know really bad joke! hugs Judith x

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Debs this caught my eye and I followed your link on Make it Monday. Amazing work. I'm #138 this week.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Mary J said...

Wow, amazing technique - I bet it looks even better in real life! Love the colours you've combined too Debs!

Dots Dabbles said...

Hi Debs, This is absolutely stunning! I love how my eye is drawn to the sparkle and shimmer beside the main image...I love this card!
Thankyou for joining in on our embossing challenge this fortnight
Dot x

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow this is just stunning. Love the beautiful image and colours. Saw it on MIM and just had to pop by to have a closer look.
It would be great if you could stop by Doing Life and take part in our DS4J blog hop.
Hugs
Desire

Mrs.B said...

Stunning card, the sparkle looks fabulous, a great technique.
Saw it on MIM, so glad I came for a closer look.
Avril

Rene said...

Very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance to win a second-prize!
Rene :D

Sue said...

Wow! this is gorgeous Debs! I love the beautiful jewel colours - what a wonderful effect you have created - it looks amazing! The stamp and sentiment are perfect - it's a really stunning card!
Big Hugs
Sue xx

pinky said...

Stunning creation! Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

Cheryl said...

OOoohhhh! This is GORGEOUS!



I’m stopping by from MIM. (I’m number 205)

~Cheryl~

**I am having a give-away on my blog. Feel free to stop by if you are interested.**

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's a wonderful card, love the glittering.
Thanks for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this fortnight.

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Woooow, what a gorgeous use of this technique! I was just as mesmerised watching Fran demoing this technique but I am yet to try it. Absolutely adore your card!

Thank you for joining our Fashionable Stamping Challenge ;). Joanna x

Ps. Please come and join my 2nd Blogaversary candy ;-). Hope to see you there and good luck!

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
Helen x

Crafty and Green said...

Beautiful! LOVE THIS! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! We hope you come back and play with us again Really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina

Jacki Randolph said...

Deb this is absolutely Gorgeous!!! Wow just breath taking!! Thanks for playing along with us at Love to Create Challenge!

I will be reaching out to you for a GDT spot!!

Ellie said...

A fantastic creation with great details!

Thanks for joining us at the Fashionable Stamping challenges !!
xxx Ellie xxx

Chris / CS Designs said...

Debs, Great card and fabulous technique. Thank you for the how-to and for playing in our April Anything Goes challenge on Art With No Boundaries. Hope you will stop by and play with us again.
:) Chris / CS Designs

lynne said...

Hi
This is incredibly elegant and not only that, the embossing effect is so beautiful.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne