Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 22 April 2012

I Love Butterflies

Hello again - this is my second post for today - I did say  I would be back later with another project that I have been working so here it is - and I love it :o)

 I saw this trio of hanging 8"x8" canvasses in The Works for a bargain price and couldn't wait to get crafty with them.
I have made this for me to hang in my little crafty haven so it just had to have butterflies on it :o) 
I love butterflies because they are so delicate and beautiful.


 Backgrounds created using Pink and White acrylic paints with the edges lightly inked using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.




I inked through a Creative Expressions dotty mask with Brushed Corduroy DI
Stamped a few flutterbies and flower heads (Kanban) using the same ink.
My favourite swirls randomly stamped using Victorian Velvet DI


The 'I' was cut using Doodlebug Type cartridge on Cricut Expression and then embossed with butterfly folder and sanded over the embossing to reveal the white core. 
Attached to the canvas with a couple of scrummy pearl brads and then I 'filled' the 'i' with Glossy Accents.


The 'LOVE' letters are Tim Holtz Grungeboard aplhas that I painted with white acrylic paint then stamped with Perfect Medium and the heat embossed with Stamp 'n' Bond before sprinkling with Glamour Dust. The heart is from stash.


This is one of my favourite flutterbies - from Creative Expressions - stamped onto vellum and heat embossed with True White EP and then run through the Xyron and lashing of Glamour Dust added.
A few adhesive pink gems added to bring it life.

I hope you like my wall hanging as much as I enjoyed making it.
I'm off to hang it up in it's new home now :o)

Challenges I would like to enter

Our Creative Corner - Butterflies
Crafts 4 Eternity - Something New
Inspire me Fridays - Always Anything Goes
Stamp Man - Shabby Chic/Distressed
Stampin for the Weekend - Sparkle & Shine
Crafting for all Seasons - Anything But a Card
Divas by Design - Anything But a Card
Paper Shelter - Wings and Things
Cupcake Craft - In the Deep End
My Craft Spot - Make it Pop

Thanks for popping by (again). 
Enjoy the rest of the day.
TTFN

25 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

this is one fab creation !!! love it
greetings, martina
x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Hi Debs,
Wow! What a beautiful wall hanging you've made with that bargain! Pink and butterflies...my favourite too :) I love all the different techniques you've used, it's a feast for the eyes. I bet it looks fab in your room! Have a lovely day, hugs, Teresa xx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Oh so PRETTY! OMG love the pink! You are so going to love this hanging in your space. :))

Sharon said...

what a wonderful wall hanging! I love all the different textures and pieces! very beautiful and eye catching! {pink is my favorite color, too} the butterflies are stunning!
thank you for playing along with us @ oCC.

Claire said...

WOW just gorgeous hun, love the colours and all the inky elements you have created. I am sure this will look stunning in it's new home. Hugs, Claire x

Natka said...

It's so lovely! I like butterflies too!

pinky said...

Love this, its so gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity this week.
Pinky

coldwaters2 said...

Hi debs this is absolutely beautiful, the colours and designs look superb
Hugs
Lorraine x

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie, this is gorgeous love your colour scheme, huggles Pops x x x

Donna said...

Wow Debs, your canvasses are so pretty and gorgeous in these pastel colours! Many thanks for joining in with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna ♥ x

Molecraft said...

A fabulous creation, so pretty, love it!
Thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Sue said...

Wowzer!! this is stunning Debs!! what a beautiful wall hanging. I love all the gorgeous stamps and the soft pinks. The butterflies and the letters are all So stunning - so many wonderful details - I love it !!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Very pretty! I love all the pink! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!
Amber

Jayne said...

Beautiful wall hanging.Love the softness and butterflies.Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot this week.
Jayne x

Nicola said...

Wow Debs, love these canvases, love what you've done with them - very creative and beautiful!
Hugs Nicola xxx

Mary J said...

That is gorgeous Debs! I've got about six of these mini canvases - I gotta get them out and use them!!

Donna Mosley said...

Debs, this is so gorgeous. I love the beautiful pinks and the vellum butterfly is stunning.

Donna x

Bente said...

Totally stunning card, thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenges this week.
Hugs, Bente

Wishcraft said...

Debs this is just so gorgeous! It's going to look wonderful hanging in your craft room :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Margreet said...

Gorgeous!!!...this will be a jewel in your craftroom.....thanks for playing with the Divas!
xxx Margreet

Kate (Small Bits of Paper) said...

What a wonderful hanging! The soft pinks are gorgeous! Fabulous work!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Debbie said...

This is a beautiful wall hanging Debs. It is stunning.Hugs Debbie x

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... this is beautiful ... love all the pink and love the textures and detailing!
Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

Sue C said...

Fabulous wall hanging Debs ! Absolutely gorgeous work. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man. Sue C x

rudlis said...

This is fab creation. It's a beautiful colours combination. Thanks for joining us at OCC.