Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 29 April 2012

Gilded Flutterbys

Good morning. Hope the weather is better where you are than it is here - I think we've had more rain this week than we had all last year - and it is still coming down :o(
Looking on the bright side I guess that means more time to spend tucked away warm and dry in my little crafty haven as it is wayyyyyy to wet and cold to go outdoors :o)


So I've been having another little play with embossing powders and 'stuff' and this time I heat embossed this gorgeous Kanban flutterby script image with Stamp 'n' Bond and then added Gilding Flakes - oh this effect is sooooo scrummy don't you think?
I also swiped the edges of the image panel with Versamark and then heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Gold Shine EP


The background panel was made using M-Bossabilities folder 'Enchanted' for the top 2/3 and the bottom 1/3 I scored at 1cm intervals using Martha Stewart scoreboard - I also heat embossed the edges with the gold EP as before.
Some simple mat and layering with cream card and gold mirri card, a bit of vintage lace and a few co-ordinating roses from Wild Orchid Crafts - the glitter leaves are the petals from a Marianne Creatable Poinsettia die to finish it off.
Sentiment heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Gold Shine EP


I'm starting to get excited now as there are only 2 more days until my birthday - is it wrong to be looking forward to birthdays at my age???!!!

Thanks for your visit today. I hope you like what you see. It would be great to let me know you've been so I can come and visit you too :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:

Craftymess Challenge - Distressing and Embossing
Chocolate Coffee & Cards - Bingo (Distress Lace and Embossing)
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Poodles Parlour - Anything Goes
Crafts and Me - Embossing
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Stampin' Royalty - Monochromatic

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

26 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh wow debs this is simply stunning one really beautiful and classy card just adore this Hun,brilliant hugs Cherylxxxx

Liz, said...

You're right - this is very effective - gorgeous card. And if I don't pop around again before - have a great birthday,

liz x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Debs
A gorgeous and beautiful card love the colour's thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz this week
Hugs Dianne xx

DesignerDiva said...

lol no its not wrong to be excited about your birthday! Asnd I hope it stops raining as I'm going to the Lake District tomorrow!
Your card is absolutely beautiful Debs, what you are creating with the embossing powders lately is stunning! These colours really work for me though, gold and cream is so rich so this is my favourite (so far).
Hope you have a great Birthday, as I should be away your pressie will be emailed and my son is under strict instructions to post your card first thing in the morning!
Big hugs
Laurie xx

Shirley-anne said...

Absolutely an amazing creation .Love the image and the embossing all over . Thanks for sharing on Craftymess Challenge Blog .

Debbie said...

Hi Debs, absolutely stunning card, you are one talented lady.Gorgeous stamp too.Hugs Debbie x

Claire said...

Hello sweetie - stunning card hun - has a really elegant feel to it and I love those butterflies and script. It's a right miserable day here too so staying indoors and going to craft later. Hugs, Claire x

Teresa - My Crafty Heart said...

Wow Debs, This is just beautiful, hose butterflies are really stunning! Have a great Sunday, Hugs, Teresa xx

lalkygirl said...

wow what a stunning card debs
love everything about it....classy and elegant
Have a wonderful birthday
thanks for joining us at the poodle parlour and good luck
tracey x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is just gorgeous...

Love the colour choices too....

A gorgeous creation...


Huggles Pops x x x x x

Wishcraft said...

Ooh this is just so beautiful Debs! Love everything you've used - fabulous :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is fabulous .. i love the gold.. so luxurious
Lisa x

Sue said...

Ooh this is So lush and gorgeous Debs! the colours are stunning. I love how you've embossed and used the gold and gilding flakes - it really is scrummy!! It's a really classy and elegant card!
Ooh the weather here is dire too - really depressing - so I'm staying in snug and warm - crafting and watching tv!! :-)
Not long to your birthday now! Glad you are feeling excited !! :-))
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Katina said...

WOW!! This is stunning Debs! Such a luxurious and special card.
xx

Natka said...

It's an absolutly stunning card! The embossed butterflies make the card elegant and beautiful!

febe said...

Elegant!

courses in aged care

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, elegant card Debs.
luv
Debby

Jules said...

Hi Debs

Gorgeous embossing!! A beautiful finished look.

Nothing wrong with getting excited about a birthday! I think its lovely.

Have a great day.

Love Jules xx

Angela said...

Absolutely beautiful. I love the gold on white and the images are so crisp.

Thanks for taking part in the Craftymessers Emboss/Distress challenge

TRACEY MO said...

This is gorjuss just love the colours.

Thank for joining us at Craftymessers.

Tracey DT

happyscrapper said...

This is gorgeous. I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at CCCC, and hope to see you back at CCCC next time.
Hugz,
Christine Dt at CCCC

gina g said...

Gorgeous card i love the embossed butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Mariza Sales said...

Lindo trabalho Debs. Como será que faz essas coisas tão lindas?
Queria aprender.
Abraços
Mariza

ang said...

gorgeous really elegant ( I knew I needed some guilding flakes) thanks for the inspiration angxxx

carol said...

fab creation,so beautiful thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ this week, x carol

happyglitzygirl said...

Just gorgeous, so elegant. I really like it, thanks for playing with us at the Poodles Parlour, blessings Hilde