Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Love & Butterfly Kisses


Good morning. Hope you are all keeping well and those not I wish well soon :o)
I'm loving this beautiful warm sunny weather we are having at the moment and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays for a while longer. I really hope it's like this at Easter when we go to Centre Parcs - fingers crossed :o)

When I went shopping for a gift for a friend's birthday last week I spotted some 3D paper mache hearts in the art shop and one fell into my basket :o)

So I decided to give it a bit of a shabby chic makeover and here's the result


I painted it first - using an artist sponge - loved how quick this technique for colouring was. Then I covered it with some Papermania Paper Capsule DP's - a  Mother's Day gift from Aaron & Kerry - there are some really scrummy designs in that pad :o)
I also added some more paint around the edges of the paper. 

I coloured the gorgeous Tiddly Inks image - 'Wryn Close to my Heart' with PM's and FM's with a touch of Glamour Dust added to the wings and then cut her out to layer onto the heart. A few embossed flutterbys and a Martha Stewart punched flutterby added with some adhesive gems. I die cut the PC generated sentiment using an X-Cut heart die and softly inked whilst still in the heart.


Challenges I would like to enter:

Bunny Zoe's - Shabby Chi/Vintage
Craft Your Passion - Monochromatic
Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant - Butterflies
Secret Crafter - Shabby Chic/Vintage
Sweet Stampin - Anything Goes
Fussy & Fancy - Anything But Square/Rectangle
Stampin for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Flutterby Wednesdays - Open Theme (to include Butterfly, Angel or Fairy)
MMCS - Use a Digi

Thanks for popping by today and any lovely comments you may wish to leave.
Have a wonderful day.
I'm off to do some Spring cleaning and then the dreaded pile of ironing :o(

TTFN

25 comments:

Vicky said...

This is sooooooooo gorgeous sweetie love the heart & the heart with the sentiment on & the image well I just adore these little sweeties. Fabulous creation shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Cheryl said...

oh Debs I just adore this that heart is just so beautiful,and love the sentiment,and that gorgeous image hugs Cherylxxxx

downrightcrafty said...

Gorgeous creation, and perfect for our challenge of Vintage/Shabby Chic at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week
Hugs Kate xx

Chrissy said...

So gorgeous Debs love the image she is just adorable, fabulous colouring and design...gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

sue w. said...

Hi Debs, this is adorable, pink, my favourite, and the shape is fab. Love the sweet image and all the elements, a winner. Hope you're enjoying sunny weather where you are.
Hugs Sue W.

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty and so sweet .. gorgeous
Lisa x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie I absolutely love this creation fabulous colours to, big happy hugs love Pops x x x

Pami said...

This is gorgeous Debs!! I love it! I love how you have put all the different elements together! Have a lovely day. P x

Sue said...

Oh Debs this is So beautiful !! what a wonderful design! The image and embellies are all perfect! Love the papers and the shabby chic look!
I hope the sunshine continues too and stays like this for Easter! it would be nice to be able to sit out in the garden!!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Juls said...

utterly gorgeous and adorable!!! Hugs Juls

Pamela said...

Beautiful, such a cute image.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin'

Pam x

Sazzle said...

Oh WOW this is gorgeous and so pretty in pink, love how you've distressed it and added all those embellishments too :-)

Thanks for joining our “anything but square/rectangle” challenge over at Fussy and Fancy and good luck.

We currently have a design team call running, if you are interested why not pop over and have a look at the details.

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

http://sazzlecraft.blogspot.com/

Donna Mosley said...

Stunning creation Debs, love the very sweet image and gorgeous details. I'm still smiling at your comment you left me hun. I must get one of those badges, are we allowed to go backwards? hehe!

Donna x

Debbie said...

What a sweet hanging, just right for our challenge over at Sweet Stampin, thank you and good luck. Debbiexx

Jules said...

Hi Debs

Just commenting whilst doing a bit of printing .. .. and thought of you LOL!!!

This is my kind of project. Love it!!

What a great way to decorate a heart.

Love Jules xx

Teresa said...

Hi Debs, Wow, what a gorgeous creation - love all the pink and your fabby colouring and those papers are scrummy too:) Love it! Hugs, Teresa xx

CraftyC said...

This is so sweet Debs, she's sweet and I love the colours. Guess what I'm off to center parcs over easter to. Have fun!!
Clairexx

Francesca said...

Absolutely Gorgeous
Thanks for joining us Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week and good luck!

Hugs
Francesca

Debbie said...

Stunning hanger Debs.Adorable.Even my daughter commented that it was so gorgeous.Love it.Hugs Debbie x

Sarah said...

Gorgeous creation, love your colours and sweet image, thanks for joining us at CYP, hugs, Sarah x

Cyndi said...

Beautiful creation! Love Wryn! Thanks for joining us this week at Lollipop Crafts!

Cathy Lee said...

So sweet, Debs. Your image is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenge.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

~*Joni said...

Oh Debs what an adorable project! The Tiddly Ink image is so sweet with your design. I love all the love on here. lol! Thank you so much for joining in on our butterflies challenge at The Pink Elephant this week!
~*Joni TPE DT

Maria Therese said...

So cute ♥Thank you for joining us at Bunny Zoe's crafts.

Mimi said...

Congrats! Your card's been featured on Lollipop Crafts!
http://lollipopcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature-fridays.html