Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 2 February 2012

Have a Heart for MAWTT

 Good morning. What a week it has been - I won't bore you all with the details but I've been absent from blogland since last Saturday following an horrendous train journey up to Leeds on Friday to see my Dad (who is doing ok since his heart attack a couple of weeks ago) - when my back went into another massive spasm and I ended up not getting to see Dad and having to spend all this week laid up in bed :o(
Luckily things are improving and yesterday I even managed to get down the stairs and make a cup of tea :o)

Even luckier - I had already made my DT card for this week's challenge at 


as I'm the host the week!
and the theme is:

HAVE A HEART

Our sponsor this week is 

The DT had some images to play with.
I chose 'Forever Yours' as I thought the image was really saying "I Love You This Much" and would be perfect for a Valentine card for my scrummy yummy Grandson Oliver :o)


I recently dug out my very old Frister and Rossmann sewing machine - I think it must be about 25 - 30 years old lol!!!! and had a go at some stitching - as you can see I think I need lots more practice!!!


This also used:
Design Papers - Pink Petticoat - Big Fella
Ribbon - East of India
Spellbinders - Lacey Squares, Scalloped Squares, Classic Squares
Colouring Medium - Promarkers & Flexmarkers


Please pop over to the main challenge blog to see the gorgeous inspiration from my wonderful DT buddies and our fabulous GDT this week.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Creative Belli - Hearts/Valentine
Fab N Funky - Use a Digi
Penny's Paper Crafty - Love is in the Air
Sisterhood of Crafters - Striped Paper
Truly Scrumptious - Love and Hearts
Cards for Men - Seeing Red
Digi Makeover - Be My Valentine
OSAAT - Use a Digi

I hope you can find some time to join in the fun with us this week.
Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

24 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love your card and theme Debs they are both brilliant. Glad that things are settling down for you again now. Love Hxxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the papers & the ribbon is perfect!
Hope your takin it easy missus!
Hugs Shell xx

Lisa Jane said...

so glad you are feeling a little better Debs .. love this fab fun card .. i am sure that's not how your little grandson sees you lol
Fab papers and that must be a good sewing machine.. made to last lol
Lisa x

Sue said...

Oh this is a fab card Debs! The image does make me smile! Gorgeous papers and layout!
Hope you are doing ok! Take things easy and stay warm and snug!!
Big Hugs!
Sue xx

Annie said...

that's a fun image on your Valentine Debs - great card! sorry you didn't get to see your Dad, but glad he is doing ok. and I do hope you are on the mend too - take care.
hugs, annie x

Lisa said...

Hope you are starting to feel better Debs. Gorgeous card, the theme this week was perfect for me to make hubbys card abd I love how you used loadd of colours and not just traditional red. Lisa xxx

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your back problems .. sounds painful! So glad you're on the mend! This creation is ADORABLE! Love all the stitching and the image is so much fun!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘STRIPES’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Debbie said...

Ah bless you Debs.Hope your back is easing from lots of rest. At least you tried to see your Dad - these things happen.Love your card, the colours are nice and bright and fun image too.Take things easy.Love Debbie x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the image.
Hope you are feeling better real soon shug, take care.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Josephine said...

Aw, that's so cute!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Patricia St Martin said...

So cute.. Wonderful image and you just brought her to life. Great job sewing, love you paper and the ribbon. I love seeing your creation.
Hugs, Patricia

DesignerDiva said...

Hi Debs its great to have you back in blogland, hope your back is easing each day.
I love this card ..(arms wide apart)..this much! That image is really funny and I was going to use that till I saw 2 of you already had, then ended up with one 3 of us used lol! Love the stitching it looks fine to me!
Big Hugs Laurie xx

Claire said...

YAY great to see you back hun, hope the back is on the mend now too. Gorgeous card, love the bright colours. Hugs, Claire x

Pami said...

Fabby little card Debs, great layout and thanks for a fab theme this week! Glad you are slowly on the mend. P x

StephC said...

Too cute! Love the image, adorable. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Belli challenge!

TannyP said...

Your stitching is spectacular and I love the layering of all that beautiful paper =) Thanks for playing along with The Sisterhood of Crafters for our Stripes Challenge!

Jenny said...

You are the lucky winner of my blog candy. I know how hard it is to keep up with blog posts all the time and check the results of hops that you enter, so I thought that I would come to you and just give you a gentle … have a look here

http://craftbyjenny.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/blog-hop-candy-winners.html.

hugs
jenny x
PS: Cute card!

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is just gorgeous sweetie, fabulous colours too, big happy hugs love Pops x x

Teresa said...

Hi Deb,
I have just caught up with what's been happening on your blog, I am so pleased your Dad is Ok now, but sorry you had probs getting to Leeds because of your back... this is a fabby card, I love that image and how you've coloured her, looks great..hope you're feeling better, Hugs, Teresa x

Rach83 said...

Awww, such a lovely idea to send this card to your grandson. Cute image and great layout to showcase your fab papers. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges.

Rachel x

Julies Crafty Creations said...

Love your card. Thanks for joining in with our Use a digi challenge over at OSAAT and good luck. Julie

Karen Letchworth said...

This is a great card. Thanks for joining us for our Love Is In The Air Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges this week, and please come back and play along with us again next time.
Blessings,
Karen - Design Team Member

Paige said...

Adorable image and love the colors and patterns of your papers! Thank you for joining us at Creative Belli!

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Debs, I don't know what I love best about this. If it is the DP or the big cheesy grin on that image and your perfect coloring to match! I am sure your grandson is going to love this (if he doesn't snatch it back and send to me! ) xox