Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Just to Say.........................

Thank you to my fellow DT buddies for all their kind words and support today following some bad news I had earlier about my Dad - he had a heart attack at the beginning of the week - I only just found out last night - but that's another story :o(
The latest news is that he is doing ok and although the consultant has decided against an angiogram because of other problems my Dad has they have decided on a course of medication and a spray for Dad to use.
It will not be until Friday that I will be able to get up to Leeds to see him and that seems such a long time away :o(
I have spoken to him a few times today though and he thinks he will be home by Friday as the hospital is desperate for beds!!! I guess as he lives in sheltered accomodation it's not as bad as it could be :o)

Anyway I have been trying to take my mind off things and had a little play with some new crafty stash that I received at the beginning of the week.


I love this gorgeous Fairy Sue image available from My Crafty Heart
she is so serene looking don't you think?


Image coloured with PM's and Flexmarkers 
The scrummy Design Papers are also from My Crafty Heart - My Minds Eye - Lost & Found Breeze


Swirl - Magnolia
Pearls from stash
The corner embellies are from the Spellbinders Elegant Posts collection - I just trimmed one to fit the top left corner and the one at the bottom right corner is the waste bit :o)
The gorgeous flower in the centre of the three was another new purchase from My Crafty Heart -
Resin Flowers Ocean Breeze

Edges inked with Tumbled Glass and glittered with Star Dust stickles



I took inspiration for my card from the sketch at Diva's By Design this week
and the following challenges:
Everybody Art - Swirls
Kaboodle Doodles - Thank You

Thanks for popping over.
See you tomorrow with my DT project for
MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES
TTFN

18 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah Debs thats Our Sue from MAWTT!! I love the colours you have used they are stunning, I always craft when worried or stressed as it takes us away from it for a little while. Sending you and the Family big hugs Hxxx

Debbie said...

Hi Debs, sorry to hear your Dad's not been so good.Thinking of you today.Hope he's home soon.Beautiful card.Really pretty stamp.love Hugs Debbie.x

Vicky said...

Oh Debs so sorry to hear about your Dad...hope he is improving sweetie and his meds are doing their job :o)

Love your card hun...Teresa's images are truly gorgeous...just like your creation..and crafting keeps my mind occupied too..

take care and sending a mahoooosive hugs your way...Vicky xx

Fluffles said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad - hope he's ok & out of hospital by the time you get up to see him. Lovely card & image. A really beautiful layout. Take care, Jx

Cheryl said...

oh Hun so sorry to hear about your dad really hope he will be okay,as for your card hun its just gorgeous love the image take care hun hugs cheryl xxx

Claire said...

Oh no Debs, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, he is in the best place and as you say will be home soon and you will soon be up North seeing him and reassuring yourself that all is OK. Big hugs. Your card is absolutely lovely and this is where our crafting hobby comes into full effect and takes our minds off things. Thinking about you. Hugs, Claire xxx

Annie said...

sorry to hear the news about your Dad Debs, but pleased it sounds as if all will be well. Mum couldn't have any surgery after her attack last November, but is doing very well on the medication although it did take a while to get it just right. Crafting is great therapy, and your creation is beautiful. Take care, love and hugs, annie x

Wendy said...

So beautiful Debs, lovely image and such gorgeous colours...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Wendy xx

ribenaruby said...

Hi Debs, sorry to hear about your back and your poorly dad. Hope everything settles down, healing thoughts sent your way. Gorgeous card, love the fab image and chosen colours (and the waste too) Take care. Ruby x

MagsB said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad, I hope he's well on the way to recovery.

Your card is lovely, the image is so peaceful.

*hugs*

love Mags b x

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, So sorry to hear about your dad ... hope he's on the mend and home again soon.

Beautiful card! Love the gorgeous papers.

Sending big hugs your way.

Lisa x

DesignerDiva said...

Dear Debs I hope you are feeling a little better about everything this evening? Crafting does have a way of filling our minds and hours!
Your card of our very own Sue is beautiful, I love the gorgeous colours you have used
Take care
Hugs Laurie xx

♥ anusch ♥ said...

Schöne Karte.
Vielen Dank fürs Mitmachen bei EAC.
Liebe Grüße Doreen

Lisa Jane said...

Hi Debs.. you know we are all thinking of you and are here for you .
Glad your dad is improving.
A beautiful card - and it was bound to be when our Se was the inspiration for the image
Lisa x

Nanette said...

Hope your dad will be fine again soon. How awful! But your card is soooooo sweet...thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles.

coldwaters2 said...

This is gorgeous Debs that image is so lovely the papers, colours and design are superb.
hugs
Lorraine x

Cheryl said...

I'm sorry your dad is having problems and wish him a speedy recovery.

Your card is just beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week.

sarah-Jane said...

Beautiful card. Love what you have done with the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design.
Sarah-Jane xx