Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 8 January 2012

It's Another New Year!

 Good morning. It's a fresh and chilly start to the day here in Gloucestershire but the sun is shining and I love those type of mornings - just right for a brisk walk to clear away any cobwebs :o)
So I shall share my make of the day with you and then head outside.

As you can imagine there are lots of 'new' themed challenges in blogland at the moment and I wanted to join in with some of my favourites - see the list at the end of the post.
The main two I took inspiration from though are my most favourite the new Lili of the Valley challenge - now called Lil's Little Fairies and the fab sketch from Sketch Saturday this week.

 I made a New Year calendar for my Jamie's girlfriend - Rowena to put on her desk at work.
The super cute image is Champagne Thomas - available here coloured with PM's and Flexmarkers. I added a touch of Glamour Dust to the pink champagne :o)
 The scrummilicious Design Papers are Echo Park 'Be Mine' digi papers available here I was mega excited when I saw that you could get these papers (and many more) as a digital pack - whooop  whoooo!!!!!!
 Mini 2012 calendar from Hobbycraft.
I made the ribbon rose from satin ribbon from stash and leaves are a Spellbinder die.
 A touch of lace from a blog candy I won ages ago, Martha Stewart Doily Lace border punch and a ribbon bow to finish the details.

I had a go at putting a compilation photo together - I got this idea from Vicky's blog. Hope you don't mind me having a go too Vicky :o)



Challenges I would like to enter:

Lil's Little Fairies - New Beginnings
Sketch Saturday - Sketch #189
Craft Your Days Away - New Beginnings
Crafty Emma - Anything Goes
Crafty Catz - New Beginning 
Cute Card Thursday - What's New? (image and papers)
Paper Play - Happy New Year

My Mum's Craft Shop - Something New
Simon Says Stamp - Something New
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes with option of something new

Before I go I would just like to say thank you to the girlies at Craft Emma's for picking me in the Top 3 last week with this card




It really made my day :o)

Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

27 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, Wow this is beautiful! I love the gorgeous colour combo and such an adorable LOTV image.

Lisa x

Tracey T said...

What a lovely calendar card - aren't those papers gorgeous? x

Mummylade said...

this is absolutely brilliant Debs

Donna said...

Beautiful card Debs, I love your pretty papers and colour combination and your pink ribbon bow is lush! :) Donna ♥ x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Debs, pretty papers and a beautiful calendar. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley and the CES Challenge!
Clairexx

gina g said...

Gorgeous calendar Debs i love the sweet image and the rose is gorgeous. luv gina xx

DesignerDiva said...

Gorgeous Debs, love pink and black together and the Be Mine paper pack is one of my favourite and I didn't know you could get it digi! Will check that out from here.
Love your image and ribbon Rose is really clever!
Enjoy your walk
Hugs Laurie x

DesignerDiva said...

Gorgeous Debs, love pink and black together and the Be Mine paper pack is one of my favourite and I didn't know you could get it digi! Will check that out from here.
Love your image and ribbon Rose is really clever!
Enjoy your walk
Hugs Laurie x

Sue said...

Wow! Debs this is gorgeous!! The grey and pink papers are delish and that kitty is SO cute. Gorgeous borders and embellishments and it's a desk calender too!! I love it !!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

June Nelson said...

Hiya Debs this is just so cute hunnie, love the style and colour combo, thanks for joining us this week at Lilis little fairies xxxxxx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous Debs..! love the image and love the papers too...and your piccies look amazing hun..:oD

hope you are well sweetie..and have a lovely afternoon...hugs Vicky xx

Juls said...

just gorgeous!! Loving the colour combo! Hugs Juls

Faye said...

Oh Debs, this is just so cute. What a fabby image. xxx (Oh and I love how you used the SS Sketch btw.) x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is stunning, loving this so much, gorgeous work, hugs pops x

Claire said...

I love this calendar - so sweet, beautiful colours and papers, I am sure she will love this! Hugs, Claire x

Cheryl said...

oh wow Debs this is really beautiful love the gorgeous colours hugs cherylx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is beautiful Debs .. i love the papers and that cute kitty
Lisa x

Curlybear said...

Oh my word, this is such a beautiful creation ,its a fabulous interpretation of the theme this week,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz New Beginnings Challenge I hope you can join us again next week

Have a lovely day,
Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous cute calendar Debs.
luv
Debby

Jackie said...

Fab work Debs, I#m sure Rowena loved her calendar. xx

Gaynor said...

Just Gorgeous, I love the image and layout, thanks for joining us at MMCS, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debs this is beautiful I love that cute image and those papers and the colours look fantastic,
Hugs
Lorraine x

carol said...

oh what a gorgeous creation, thanks for sharing with CRAFTY CATZ play again soon, x carol

Mandy said...

Hello lovely lady :0
Stunning card Debs, so pretty and adorable, Rowena will love this.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our something new challenge
hugs Mandy xx

Deb said...

So beautiful!
Many thanks for joining in the first Cute Card Thursday challenge of 2012!
Happy crafting, Debxx

Bente said...

Wow, such a cute card. Lovely image and colors. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week.
Hugs, Bente

Amanda said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely calendar with us at Craft Your Days Away - New Beginninggs challenge.


Amanda