Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 24 January 2012

Have a Heart for An Oldie But Goodie

 Good morning. Firstly I would like to say hi and thanks to my recent new followers it's lovely to have you here.
I would also like to apologise for not being around much in blogland over the past couple of days as my back went into spasm on Sunday and I have been laid up in bed - trying to be good by resting it and taking the pain relief needed to get better :o(
I had scheduled this post for today but this morning I re-wrote it so I could add in this apology and I'm relieved to say that things are a whole lot better today - fingers crossed I'll be 'back on my feet' very soon.

Before I share my card with you I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that joined in the fun with us last time at

AN OLDIE BUT GOODIE

this fortnight it's my turn to pick the theme and I would like you to 

HAVE A HEART

Now for most that could mean Valentines - as there is only 2 weeks to go - but for me I decided to make a congratulations card for my neice that is expecting her first baby later this year. When I got the news last week I had a look at what images I had or could get and as soon as I saw this image 'Baby on Board' from Pixie Dust Studio I just knew that was what I wanted to use for this challenge.

Image coloured with PM's and Flexmarkers

So as our challenge is An Oldie But Goodie you have to use (and tell us) something that is at least 6 months old on your projects.
I have used some long forgotten about Design Papers from Niwits - 'Grins and Giggles'
My sentiment ribbon from Pink Petticoat (now on sale) is also over 6 months old
As is the bakers twine - which I had completely forgotten that I had and I'm so pleased to have found it :o)

 This also used:
Satin ribbon from stash
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch - I layered the butterflies using the two different cardstock colours and added some adhesive gems to finish


Please pop over to the main challenge blog to check the details of the prize on offer this time and to see the wonderful inpsiration from my lovely DT buddies - I'm sure you won't be disappointed :o)

Challenges I would like to enter

Sketch Saturday - Sketch #191
The Ribbon Girl - Pink & Blue
Crafty Calendar - New News
Stamp Scrap and Doodle - Have a Heart

 Thanks for popping over and for your lovely comments.
Hope you have a wonderful day.
TTFN

13 comments:

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is so gorgeous, big hugs love pops x

Fluffles said...

A wonderful interpretation of the Have a Heart theme. Love your card, its so sweet. Great colours & design. Jx
PS Hope the back is continuing to improve.

Cheryl said...

oh debs this is gorgeous love that image and adore the colour tones,beautiful card Hun hugs Cherylxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

wha ta brilliant image .. and such pretty colours .. love the twine and the little butterflies
Lisa x

Sue said...

Aww this is really sweet Debs! what a fab image! Gorgeous papers and embellies - love the butterflies - so pretty!
Glad you are feeling a bit better - hope your back gets properly better soon. I have 3 discs at bottom and 2 at top that are real bad - so know how painful it is!
Take Care
Big Hugs Sue xx

Wishcraft said...

Sorry to hear about your back hun, hope you're fully recovered soon xx

Love your card :o) Gorgeous colours, fab image and the butterflies are so pretty! Lisa x

Vicky said...

This is soooo gorgeous sweetie love the colours & the image is just perfect hun.

Hope you feel better soon hun & hope you are not in too much pain. Can you do me a favour just when you up to it send me your address hun as I cant seem to find it hun, if you dont mind of course.
Take care shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Katina said...

Hi Debs, this is gorgeous and a fab interpretation of the theme. Love the image and colours.

Hope your back keeps improving. There's no pain like it! :(
xxx

Claire said...

Love your card Debbie - such a fab image and love the colours. Sorry to hear you have been laid up again, make sure you get plenty of rest and don't overdo it, you should be back on your feet in no time. Hugs, Claire xxx

DesignerDiva said...

Hello lovely Debs, I really hope your back is better - there is no paikn worse!
I'm lovin' your sweet card, the image is so gorgeous and the pink and blue are perfect for it
Take care and don't go over doing it too soon
Big Hugs Laurie xx

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Debs
luv
Debby

Tracey Brossart said...

Wow so beautiful! Love that gorgeous stamp and those adorable butterflies! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx

Tracy said...

Hi Debs
I love your gorgeous creation, pretty colours and a fab image.
Happy crafting
Tracy x