Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 1 December 2011

Luscious in Lilac

 Good morning. Hope all are well today. Quick post from me before I head off for the gym again. I'm still enjoying it - and it certainly seems to be paying off - certainly from an increased flexibility and mobility point of view - still waiting for the weight loss to kick in though :o)

Today we have a new challenge for you over at

MOVING ALONG WITH THE TIMES
and this time it's a fabulous sketch from our very own lovely leader Hazel

and here's my take on it:

 I had a request to make a card for my friend's husband's Nan - who loves the colour lilac.
Here's what I did:

I stamped the cardstock using Perfect Medium and the swooshed with a few Pastel Shades of Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powders and then stamped the image over the top with Perfect Medium to 'lift-off' some of the colour and leave a shadow effect image. It has a gorgeous sheen IRL :o) Image then matt and layered onto some Rainbow Shimmer card

DP's Funky Hand - Happy Happy Birhday Papercraft CD - 'Pressie Time'Collection - available here
and a 'scrap' piece from stash - no name - sorry :o(

This also used:
Memory Box Die - Madera Corner
Martha Stewart - Deep Edge Punch - Daisy Fan
Spotty Grosgrain Ribbon - Stash
Wooden Flower - NEC Stash
Sentiment - PC generated


Challenges I would like to enter:

Anything Goes - Decorative Corners
Creative Card Crew - Monochromatic
Creative Craft - Free for All
Birthday Sundaes - Birthday Card (Must have a sentiment)
Gem of a Challenge - Monochromatic (Not Christmas)
Sweet Stampin - Punches & Dies
Totally Gorjuss - Sparkle
Paper Crafting Journey - Anything Goes

Before I go I would just like to share a photo of my scrummy Grandson Oliver
that we took last night when the local Rotary Club came round with Santa and his Sleigh

and here's one of my scrummilicious Grandaughter Lola Arizona in her new highchair



I'm so lucky to have such gorgeous children and Grandchildren too - thank you :o)

Hope you can join in the fun with us this week.
Please pop over to the main challenge blog to see the fabulous inspiration from my DT buddies and to get the full details of this week's prize.

Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

13 comments:

Chrissy said...

Have to start at the bottom and say what gorgeous G/children, the little ne seems so happy sitting in her new chair...Oliver...he's not to sure about the big man in the red suit...gorgeous card. love the corner die and fabulous colours.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty . and i love all the shimmer .. a really feminine card .. she will love it .
What gorgeous grandchildren Debs.. Christmas will be extra special this year
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Awww what cuties, gorgeous fotos hun!

Fab card, my favourite colour as well!
hugs shellx x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah super card, I just got loads of holographic card so lots of playing, Ohh the piccys of the Grandkids are brilliant, you are so right they are gorjuss, Love Hxxx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Debs, love the lilac and your grandchildren are so sweet
Clairexx

Sue said...

This is beautiful Debs! I love the image and the shimmery effect - so pretty! Papers and embellishments are just gorgeous!! The lucky lady will love this card!!!
Oh your photos are fab! Oliver and Lola Arizona are real cuties!! Thanks for sharing
Hugs Sue xxx

Loopylou. said...

awwwwww Debs they are just the cutest little peeps!!
and the card is super too hun of course!!! but ya'll know I'm a sucker for those grandchildren of yours!! awwww!!
huge hugs Lou xxx

Wishcraft said...

Oh this is sooo pretty Debs, love the shimmery image! And aww how cute are those babies :o) Gorgeous photos! Lisa x

Debbie said...

Glad the gym is helping so much.Beautiful card, really pretty.Gorgeous pictures.They are so cute.Love Debbie x

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, love the colours hugs pops x x x

Pami said...

This is a gorgeous effect Debs, all shimmering and lovely. I love the colour too, my fav! And what gorgeous photos!! Pami x

Claire said...

This is a lovely card, I bet the recipient will love it. Fabbie pics of the children too - so cute. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Juls said...

gorgeous card! Love the fabulous holographic trim! Hugs Juls