Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 10 December 2011

It Takes Two at Allsorts (and a peek at my Craft Room)

 Good morning. It's Saturday so that means it's time for another fabulous new challenge at

ALLSORTS

and this week our lovely Brenda has picked the theme


IT TAKES TWO

simply use just two colours in your project - optional to use white as base card as well

Our sponsor this week is the talented Ruth from



and some of the DT got to work with an image of their choice.
I went for a CAS look with my card - keeping the focus on the stunning Poinsettia image - available here
I simply printed the image onto Linen effect cardstock a couple of times and resized it as well so that I could cut out some layers and decoupage them.

 I then inked them with Brilliance Ink in Galaxy Gold. The middle flowerhead petals were also spritzed with Comic Shimmer Gold Mister Spray
Sentiment stamped direct onto basecard and heat embossed with Gold EP
 This also used:
Spellbinders edgeablities - inked edges with Galaxy Gold
 Grosgrain ribbon from stash
Adhesive Gold Pearl

Hope you like it :o)

Please pop over to the main challenge blog to see the gorgeous inspiration from my DT buddies - you won't be disappointed :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:
Card Makin Mamas - Christmas
Clearly Inspired - Christmas
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Our Craft Lounge - CAS Holiday Theme
Stampin for the Weekend - Christmas
Polkadoodle - Quick Christmas Card
Aud Sentiments - Any Winter Holiday Sentiment
My Mums Craft Shop - Traditional Christmas

Before I go I just wanted to share a couple of photos of my latest storage to arrive in my little crafty haven

 I was lucky enough to have one of these made for me this week by the Hubby of the very lovely Vicky - Steve - thank you so much - such a fabulous pen holder and superfast service - full details of the Pen Holder can be found on Vicky's blog here
So here it is taking pride of place on my work area:
 This additional unit also arrived from Ikea yesterday into the little crafty haven - I ordered it specifically for my Grand Calibur and Guillotine - so I could clear some space on my work area.
 Here's the rest of my storage units:


 And the bags of space I now have on the decluttered work area :o)

Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous crafty weekend :o)
TTFN

24 comments:

brenda said...

The gold gives a realy rich feel to your card Debs adn a great CAS feel to it all.

I am well impressed by the tidy craft room, is it always that way ? I guess a bit like mine, only when I need a picture.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie love the gold & the poinsettia looks fabulous.
Your craft room looks brill, I could spend all day looking at peoples craft rooms lol. Storage looks fab & Vicky's hubby has done fab job of the pen storage it looks great!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Cassie said...

Very beautiful, Debbie. . .love all that gold. Thanks for playing CIC41 :D

Donna said...

Wow Debs, your card is stunning and very elegant in gold! The embossing looks amazing. Gorgeous piccy's of your craft room, you lucky lady :) Donna ♥ x

Country Mouse said...

Love your card! So, so pretty! Also pretty jealous of your craft room!:) Thanks for sharing with us at Aud Sentiments!
audrey

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

Claire said...

This is a stunning card hun, love the gold - a really glitzy card. Lovin' the pics of the craft room too - still very jealous LOL. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Donna Mosley said...

A very scrummy card Vicky, love the poinsettia and scrummy golds.

Your craft room is fab and so organised.

Donna x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word Debs this is stunning that white and gold colour combo is awesome that Poinsettia is beautiful so is your craft room, something that I can only dream about
Hugs
Lorraine x

DesignerDiva said...

Love love love this beautiful golden card Debs, classic and stunning!
Loved seeing your craft space too, I've just started to sort my chaotic craft room out you are soooooo organised - could do with you here! My brother in law has just started making my pen storage as I couldn't find one to buy anywhere!
Enjoy the rest of the weekend
Hugs Laurie x

Shelby said...

Beautiful and so elegant! Love the embossing as well. Thanks for joining us at MMCS for our Traditional Christmas challenge.

Shelby

Dora said...

Wow your card is stunning and so elegant, love the gold ... and wow again, your craft room is so organised.. I am so envious he he :) Enjoy xx

Loopylou. said...

Oh debs your crafty space looks awesome! oh i wish mine was so tidy... though i would never find anything if it was!!! he he he!!
gorgeous card too hun
hugs Lou xxx

carol said...

HELLO...lovely card, thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at CRAFTY CATZ, GOOD LUCK
PS LOVE YOUR CRAFT ROOM x carol

Sue said...

Oh I love your card Debs!! What a fab Poinsettia! Looks great printed onto the Linen effect. Great idea to resize it and create the layers. It might be simple design but I love it!! With the embossing and ribbon it's really Classy and Elegant!
Love your Craft Room - and Oh Wow I love the Pen Holder - it's gorgeous!! I wish I had the room to put units like this - maybe one day…..!!!
Hope you're having a great weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

Vicky said...

Ooh Debs loving your craft room hun...and that pen holder too...lol...! So love all the gorgeous storage too....and all so organised..!

Oh nearly forgot to say your card is stunning as always hun :o)

big hugs Vicky xx

Mummylade said...

wow, it's so neat and tidy. I'm soooo jealous!!

Pop's Cards said...

Stunning sweetie x

cebelica said...

Such a beautiful and elegant card. I love it! Thanks for playing with us at our challenge at MMCS this week! Hugs!

Diane's Card Designs said...

A beautiful classy card. The gold looks stunning.
Thanks for joining us at MMCS challenge this week.
Diane xx

Aunty Sue said...

Fab card and thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ and Happy Christmas. xx

Mummylade said...

And thank you so much for joining in our Christmas challenge at SFTW and good luck! =)

Juls said...

oooh wow your crafty space looks fab!!! I am green with envy!!!

your card is fab! so stylish, love the gold embossed sentiment!!

Hugs Juls

Ruth said...

The gold is fantastic on the poinsettia. I love it!! Would you lik eit in my gallery? Ruth x