Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 22 December 2011

Get Funky Thanks

 Hello I'm back again with my second DT project for today  (my first post can be seen here) - and this time it's for


Our theme this month is

THANK YOU

I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to make a set of 'Thank You' notelets with a matching gift box as a wee stocking filler for my MiL.
There are so many gorgeous paper collections available at Funky Hand that you could be really spoilt for choice. I decided to use a perfectly co-ordinated pair of Stripes and Spots papers from
Dreams Come True Papercraft CD - from the 'Award Winning' Collection. I think the colours in this collection could be used for male or female recipients.

I started by printing the 'Thank You' sentiment direct onto the cardstock - using an A6 card template 
I created in Microsoft Word
Then simply matt and layered a strip of Spotty and Stripey DP onto a co-ordinating piece of cardstock with a punched edge - using Martha Stewart Doily Border Punch
I also made a matching Gift Box to keep them in :o)
They really were so simple and quick to complete that I think I may even get a couple more sets put together before the weekend :o)
It would be great if you could join in the fun with us this month - Anice has created another fabulous  Funky 15th Freebie for you - available here that would be just perfect for this theme - you have until
14th Jan 2012 to get your entries in - so plenty of time :o)

Challenges I would like to enter:

Everybody Art - Anything Goes
Try it on Tuesday - Anything Goes
I Did it Creations - Thank You
Daring Card Makers - Spots and Stripes
Fairy Tale - Gift/Gift Packaging

Before I go here are a couple more photos from last weekend of Lola:







Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

13 comments:

Vicky said...

Loving the thank you set shug its fabulous.
I have to say that gorgeous grandchild of yours has got me smiling from ear to ear.....honestly I look like I have a coathanger stuck in my mush my smile is that wide lol.....she is soooooooo gorgeous!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

moosrose said...

Wow! Your box and cards are absolutely amazing! Very beautiful.
Thank you for playing along with us at fairy tale challenge!
hugs

Bianca said...

OMG! Lola is so very cute! Such a lovely little baby! I smelt like a snowman :o)
Your set of Cards also so very pritty! That´s really a perfect Christmas gift too! Thank you for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge! xxBianca

Faye said...

What a cutie! He obviously brings a lot of joy. :)

These thank you cards are lovely, really stylish.

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. xxx

Claire said...

Lovely gift set hun - she will love them. Lola is just gorgeous, fabulous photos as always. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Awwwww Debs.. Lola is simply adorable hun...her smile is beautiful and gorgeous eyes too :o)

Love your thank you cards too sweetie...love the dp's...!

wishing you and your family a Merry Xmas and New Year :o)

big hug Vicky xx

Juls said...

fab cards!!! Love your piccys too! Hugs Juls

Victoria said...

Lola is a sweetie! Lovely set of cards, really gorgeous. Happy Christmas!

Lisa Jane said...

what a fabulous set , the papers are gorgeous !
The pics of Lola are gorgeous .. she looks really smart in her coat and hat
Lisa x

Sue said...

I love the Funky Hand papers and these are gorgeous Debs! I love the borders too. Makes a really great gift! Your MiL will love them!
Oh Lola is adorable! what a sweetie and I love her grey outfit - it's gorgeous!! what a beautiful smile she has - she's very photogenic!
If I don't catch you before - All the Best for Christmas and the New Year!
Take Care
Love Sue xxx

Лілюська-Lilia said...

Beautiful Card!! Love the combination of patterns!
Thank you for joining IDIC this week! Lilia DT

Susan said...

Lovely cards! beautiful baby!
thanks for joining us over at IDIC challenge blog :)
Susan G (DT)

Keilly said...

Beautiful set of Thank You cards. Thanks for sharing with us at The Daring Cardmakers this week!