Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 8 November 2011

What A Star!

 Good afternoon. Today's share is a request I had for a card for someone that has just passed their nursing exams. I knew I had this perfect digi image for the job - Nurse Nora by CC Designs - available here

This used:
DP's - scrap box 
Image Nurse Nora coloured with PM's
Star punch 
Wooden star embellishment - coloured with PM and blinged up with Stamp and Bond and Glamour Dust
Star gems


Challenges I would like to enter:

Bow and Berries - Clean & Simple
Daisy Doodles - Anything with a Digi
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
Stamp with Fun - Sketch 
One Stitch at a Time - Use a Digi
All That Scraps - Anything Goes

I am feeling sad and slightly mad with Create and Craft today as my much loved Grand Calibur that my DH bought me in June has broken :-(

The handle completely snapped off today:



I immediately phoned C&C Customer Services and the outcome is they want me to package it up - including the set of Grand Nesties that it came with - so they can collect it from me on Monday and then send it to their Quality Control to assess if it can be repaired or needs replacing. They confirmed it would be approx. 14 - 21 days before a replacement - if non repairable - would be sent out to me :-(

Lucky I've still got my Bigshot :-)

Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

18 comments:

Liz, said...

Oh dear, hope they sort it out for you. I'm sticking with my old bigshot!

Gorgeous card,

Liz x

Cheryl said...

oh hun hope they sort this out for you soon hun,as for your card oh its such a cute image and just love the,colors,beautiful hugs cherylxx

Jackie said...

I read on someone else's blog that this had happened to theirs and they were sent a replacement handle directly from Spellbinders, perhaps it would be worth contacting them direct.

Jackie

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Debs,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous wee card..love the image and fabulous colours Debs..


Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Sue said...

Oh this is fab Debs! Love the whole layout and image is perfect. Gorgeous papers and the stars are delish!
Hope they sort out your Caliber - you've not had it long and what a pain to have to package it all up !!!
Hugs Sue xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a fab card - that image is perfect and i love the colour combo.
sorry to hear about the handle .. i hope you get it sorted
Lisa x

Claire said...

Gorgeous card Debs, I love the image, great colour combo and you've snook in another wooden shape - so jealous as haven't managed to use any of my stash yet .... bring me back part time hours LOL! OMG can't believe what has happened to your Grand Calibur - that seems such an excessive amount of time to have to wait for an outcome, I wouldn't be very happy either! Big hugs, Claire x

Faye's Paper Passion said...

Beautiful card Deb.. Good luck with the grand Calibur.. Saw this on MIM.. Faye

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Debs....and so sorry about your handle sweetie...

big hugs Vicky xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debs your card is beautiful, those papers, the design and image look terrific. OMG I can't believe that your Grand Caliber broke, goodness I hope mine doesn't do that I bought it at about the same time, I haven't heard of this happening before, I hope you don't have to wait to long for it to be replaced
Hugs
Lorraine x

Love crafts forever said...

Thanks for playing at OSAAT.
Hugs Nataliya

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card sweetie loving the image its fabulous.
What a shame about your Calibur hun I think I've had mine about a year now & all is still ok but in all honestly I barely use it I use my bigshot all the time. Hope you get it sorted quickly shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Wendy said...

What a pretty card!

Thank you for joining us over at The Paper Crafting Journey!

Hugs,
Wendy

Nikki Byrne said...

Lovely card fab papers and image :o) Thank you for sharing it with us at OSAAT this week. Good luck, hugs

Nikki DT

Juls said...

what a shame about your GC hope they sort if for you soon!! Love your card, love the red and white together and I love the glittery star.

Hugs Juls

Robin said...

Thanks so much for joining us at Bows and Berries CAS challenge!
Robin

Made by Mandy said...

OMG, such a terrible death in the family. You would have thought it should be a bit more robust than that!

Fabulous card with a smashing image.

Many thanks for joining in with our Thankgiving/Anything Goes with a Digi challenge over at Daisy Doodles Creative Challenges

Mandy (DT member for Daisy Doodles)