Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 19 November 2011

Just One Layer at Allsorts

Good morning. Hurrahhh it's the weekend and that means time for a new challenge at

ALLSORTS

and this week we would like to see your

ONE LAYER

projects

I struggled to come up with something that I hadn't done before for this type of challenge and then I remembered that I had some gorgeous Cosmic Shimmer Misters that I haven't used in ages and that's when I got inspired :o)

I tore a basic hill shape from a piece of copy paper to use as a mask and then spritzed the card with Cosmic Shimmer Mister in Silver. I used the baby wipe that I mopped up the excess ink with to dab over the white 'snow' area to take away the starkness.
Then I overstamped the PB 4102K Snow Dust image with Black Archival ink and added the Hero Arts sentiment in the opposite corner.
Finally I adhered this one layer panel to a black square card base.

 Here's a close up of the image - tried to capture the stunning shimmer the Mister gives IRL

Our sponsor this week is:
And they are giving one lucky winner picked at random this gorgeous prize:




Please check out the stunning work from my DT buddies this week - it's truly inspirational :o)


Challenges I would like to enter:

Samuel Taylor's - Christmas Card
Crafts and Me - Simples
Divas By Design - Monochromatic

Thanks for popping by.
Have a fabulous day.
See you tomorrow with my Get Funky DT project.
TTFN

16 comments:

Claire said...

Absolutely stunning card hun - looks so sparkly and shiny I just want to touch it! Fabulous work. Hope you have a lovely day. Hugs, Claire x

Cheryl said...

oh wow debs this is stunning oh just love those trees,amazing hun hugs cherylxxx

Tonje said...

Wow! That is such a stunning card!I just love what you did, it is so clean and "simple" (don't misunderstand me!)and it is the most remarkable card I have seen in a long time!

brenda said...

Super card Debs, the masking and spritzing works brilliantly.

B x

Tracey T said...

Wow! This is beautiful! I must try this - you've definitely inspired me, so thank you! Tracey x

DesignerDiva said...

Hi Debs this is just sooooo gorgeous, I haven't seen this technique before and it's stunning! Love it mounted onto black too
Have a fab weekend hunny
Hugs Laurie xx

Vicky said...

Gorgeous card hun love what you have done with the misters.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Sue said...

Wow! this is stunning Debs! The sky is shimmery gorgeous!! Really love the tree stamp and sentiment - Beautiful card!
Hope you are having a good weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

Mummylade said...

this is a brilliant card!

Wishcraft said...

What an absolutely stunning scene you've created Debs, I LOVE it :o) Lisa x

Maria said...

Love the simplicity, The combination of stamps and misters is fab.
Maria x

Jules said...

Hi Debs

I love this one very much!!!

Great finished look .. .. really magical!

I hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Mina said...

wow Debs this is so stunning...I love the cas design and the fantastic sparkle to it...thanks for joining in with the Crafts & Me challenge this week
Mina xxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Debs this looks fantastic that sparkly sky and silhouette image looks so classy, top notch card, I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sandra (Stamping For Pleasure) said...

SUPER! I love the CAS style of this card x