Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 4 August 2011

Don't Be Square

Good morning everyone.
I hope you are all well and enjoying the fabulous weather most of us have been having here in the UK.
It's my turn to host my first challenge over at 
and I'm so excited!!
So, my challenge this week is:

"DON'T BE SQUARE"

We are very lucky to be sponsored this week by the fabulous:
Stitchy Bear Stamps

And the lucky winner will receive....


The DT were lucky enough to have some images from Stitchy Bear Stamps to play with and this is what I have done with mine:
I created my basecard using the largest scalloped circle from the Spellbinders Grand Nestie set - I cut two and then scored the back one about 1cm down and adhered to the front one just at the top.
The DP was a scrap piece I found in my paper box when I was having a 'tidy up' - it was amazing what else I found in there that I had completely forgotten I had!!!!

I printed the silhouette image -Floppy Lattes - Little Trumpetter - from Stitchy Bear Stamps
 and then ran it through the Xyron and covered it with an irridescent glitter for amazing sparkle!!!
Flowers and adhesive gems from stash to finish it off.

Hope you can join us this week.
I can't wait to see your wonderful projects.

 Challenges I would like to enter:

Amber's Craft & Stuff - Sparkle & Shine
Crafts & Me - Anything Goes
There's Magic in the Air - Mystical Creatures
Gingerloft - Make it Sparkle
Little Claire's - Things with Wings

So yesterday I said I would share some exciting news with you - well exciting for me anyways and here it is:


and if you pop over to Charisma Cardz Blog you can meet all the other wonderful DT. 
But you will have to wait til next week to see my first Charisma Cardz DT project 
as I am on Team Gem and this week it is Team Carly's turn to play :-)

Thanks for popping over.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

27 comments:

gina g said...

Very pretty card and lovely colours too. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me this week. luv gina xx

Wendi said...

Beautiful card such pretty colours and I love the image
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Nannieflash said...

Beautiful silhouette, love the surrounding to fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun love the sparkle!
It was a bugger of a challenge tho!! lol
hugs shell xx

Livert said...

Cute card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week.

Hope to see you again next week.

Hugs Liv

laney said...

Super card Debs!! Congrats too on your DT its exciting isnt it!!
hugs
laney

Linda said...

Very beautiful.. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter. Hugs, Linda

Pami said...

First of all congratulations on your DT call!! They are lucky to have you! Secondly, I am still talking to you don't worry! I did find it a challenge doing a shaped card but you do get stuck into a rut so it was nice to do something different!! Your card is lovely as always, you do shaped cards so well!! Pami x

DesignerDiva said...

Fantastic card Debs, gorgeous colours together and love all the sparkle over the image - genius!
Sorry I was late, got there in the end lol and well done on a fab challenge

Hugs Laurie x

Gloria Westerman said...

This is so pretty!!!! I love the silhouette....beautiful!!!thank you for playing with us at Paper Cupcakes/TMITA

Sonia said...

Pretty Card, lovely image and colours! Great Job!
Thanks for joining us at PAPER CUPCAKES this week.
Hope to see you again.
Good Luck!
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

Donna Mosley said...

A very beautiful card Debs, love the fab image and pretty sparkles. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

Donna x

mueppi said...

Wonderful card and lovely colours too!
Hugs Gisela

chilli pip said...

A lovely card . That silhouette makes it . Thanks for playing at Ooh-la-l
a

E.T. said...

super sparkly creation! Thanks for playing at Gingerloft. Good Luck!

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Debs, so pretty! Fab image and love all the sparkle :o) Lisa x

Vee said...

This is beautiful, I love the silhouette and the shape. A girl NEEDS glitter...lol Fab card.
xx Vee

Katina said...

Gorgeous card Debs! Love the silhouette stamp. xx

Sandi said...

Goergous car....I soooo love shaped cards. Thank you for joining us this week at The Paper Variety

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such a lovely fairy and it looks as if she is conjuring up the flowers. Very creative hands you have

Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Basslady said...

i love your card!

wonderful image, papers...and the glitter gives it a fantastic bright and shining look!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Nicole said...

Love the card! Love the stamp! Love the glitter! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Paper Variety!

Georgina said...

A lovely card. Pretty colours and image.

Thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge.

juelmarie said...

What an awesome take on our challenge - great work and thanks so much for joining us at Lollipop Crafts and good luck!

Crafty Hugs
Juelmarie DT

juelmarie said...

What an awesome take on our challenge - great work and thanks so much for joining us at Lollipop Crafts and good luck!

Crafty Hugs
Juelmarie DT

Natasha said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along at Amber's Crafts and Stuff.

Natasha

Helen said...

Beautiful card and I love the sparkle you've added.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire Designs.

Helen x