Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 17 July 2011

Christmas in July??????

 Good morning. Hope today is a better day weather wise than it was yesterday!! I didn't manage to get out yesterday to look for a frock so now I'm really under pressure to find something. So here's also hoping that I find something today or it will be my silk PJ's that will have to do :-)
So as the weather was so bad yesterday the safest place to be was in my little crafty haven. There are quite a few Christmas in July challenges on at the mo so I thought I would join in.
I also wanted to play along with Passion for Promarkers this week - where Lisa (AKA Wishcraft) would like to see Gingham. I have been lucky enough to have been picked as a Top5 Passionista for the last 2 weeks and that really means such a lot - thank you ladies. (I wonder if I could do the hat- trick lol!!!!)
I love using red gingham on my Christmas cards - pink or blue gingham screams baby cards and lilac or yellow gingham for Easter - well that's how my mind thinks :-)

So here's my card:
 And here's what I used:
Fab freebie image from Digistamp Boutique - thanks Sally-Ann
Coloured with PM's - using the super fine nibs again
Gingham DP from Pink Petticoat - printed onto pearlised paper 
Martha Stewart border punch - not used this one in ages!!
Sentiment stamped and clear heat embossed then die cut using Spellbinders Grommet Tags and attached using eyelets and Bakers Twine
I added a touch of Glossy Accents to the bauble
Small snowflake punch and a few adhesive pearls

Here's a close up of the image:

 Challenges I would like to enter:
Passion for Promarkers - Gingham
Crafty Emma - Christmas
Fairy Knoll - Christmas in July
Stamp Something - Christmas in July
Craft us Crazy - Christmas in July
Digistamps 4 Joy - Christmas in July

Before I go I would just like to shre some up to date photos of

Oliver (my Grandson)

 
and Lola (my Grand-Daughter)



and lastly
Just whose chair is it?



Thanks for popping by.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

17 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, Gorgeous card! Such a cute image and I also love using gingham paper on cards.

Lisa x

Lisa said...

PS: Forgot to say cute pics of your gorgeous grandchildren :-) x

Cheryl said...

oh debs this is one super cute image and love the layout,and colors on this,gorgeous work hun hugs cheryl xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Debs, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your papers are perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week for our gingham challenge yee-haw!. Hugs, Denise x
Your photos are beautiful especially your puddy cat!!

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Debs :o) Oh gingham does make me happy lol, and I agree there's a colour to suit every occasion! Cute image and fab layout too. Oh and adorable baby pics! Lisa x

PS. Thanks for joining us at PFP and Stamp Something!

Lisa Jane said...

oh whata cute little penguin and i love the use of the gingham on a xmas card .
Your grandchildren are gorgeous ... and i just love the puddy cat!
Lisa x

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous love the image and fab details, big hugs love Pops x x x x

Gorgeous photos too sweetie x

DesignerDiva said...

Love the red gingham fab for a Christmas card and a great free stamp!
How you have done the tag/sentiment is fab too Debs, all that and topped off with those gorgeous grandbabies!
I can't believe how quickly they've grown!

Hugs Laurie x

Claire x said...

I love this card hun - gorgeous and looks great with the gingham. Can't believe you didn't get your dress yesterday, hope you have found one today. Lovin' the pictures of the grandchildren, they are growing up fast and your cat seems very cosy in that chair. Hugs, Claire x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, gorgeous card Debs, love that image.
Love the pics too.
luv
Debby

Bunny said...

Fab card....Thanx for joining us at Digistamps4joy and good luck..

Caz DS4J DT

Debs said...

ooh i love it..the penguin is so sweet :0)..thanks for sharing with us at PFP and goodluck..hugs Debs x

Jennifer said...

Adore this...so gorgeous! Love the layout. Fab piccys too. Thanks so much for playing at CES challs xx Jenny xx

Jen Leeflang said...

We're so glad you joined Digistamps 4 Joy in our Christmas in July Challenge. Thanks for entering!
luv n huggz
Jen
DS4J DT LEAD AND CHALLENGE CO-ORDINATOR

Starla B. said...

Love the card...so cute!! Almost as cute as the grandson and kitty!!

Thanks for playing with us this week at Digistamps 4 Joy!

xx Star

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Debs, what a gorgeous card. I love how you've coloured the image and your papers are fab. Thanks for joining in our monthly competition over at DSB. Hugs, Denise x