Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 3 June 2011

Getting Inky

Good evening. Late post for me today - I have been trying to catch up on some DT work and housework before my DH returns from a week away on business in Japan - it has been a really long week and I have missed him terribly!
My share for today is a little unusual for me - not my normal style - but I'm not sure I have a style really - I love allsorts and love having a go at most things.

Anyways I took inspiration for my card from the following challenges

Simon Says Stamp - Male Card (Optional Tim Holtz products)
The Stamp Man - Boys & Men

So here's what I did:
I started by painting an A6 piece of white cardstock with Picket Fence crackle paint and when it was dry I blended Vintage Photo distress ink over the top before shadow stamping the music image with the same distress ink. I then mounted this onto some co-ordinating chocolate brown cardstock.
The main image - from Creative Expressions has also been stamped with Vintage Photo distress ink and then I blended more ink over the top. 
The sentiment is from the same stamp set from Creative Expressions.
I created the background for the this panel by blending Vintage Photo distress ink all over the base card and then stamped the edges with a text stamp from Creative Expressions - using the same distress ink.
A little checked ribbon loop attached under the sentiment to finish it off.


I thorougly enjoyed getting my fingers inky for this one.
Thanks for popping by.
Would love to know what you think of it.
TTFN

12 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Perfect inky creation, love it! That little ribbon loop looks fab too :o) Lisa x

Vicky said...

Stunning Debs! love the image and those colours are fabulous hun..!

have a lovely weekend...hugs Vicky xx

Juls said...

fabulous masciline card! Love the sepia colour tones! Hugs Juls

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, I am loving this gorgeous creation here, just fabulous, hugs pops x

Brenda Brown said...

And it all worked perfectly, a fantastic vintage creation. I love it.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Vicky said...

This is amazing sweetie I'm like you hun I dont have a particular style either I go with what the mood takes me lol.
I love this tho & its in my top 5 of creations you have made it really is awesome.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Tracy said...

Amazing Debs, I love this, you do this style so well.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful card - i love the vintage style and the music manuscript
Lisa x

Brenda Brown said...

Me again Debs - just want to say thanks for entering your great card in the Stamp Man challenge and good luck.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome card Debs love that image and sentiment also the distressing which gives it an extra aged vintage look I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Angela Weimer said...

Wonderful card. Love the Vintage look. Thanks for joining in the Stamp man Challenge with us and have a great week. Angela

Mandy said...

Stunning card hun, fab image and colours, I love the vintage style.
Hope hubby got home safe and you've had a fab weekend :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Fathers Day / Male challenge
hugs Mandy xx