Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 12 June 2011

Celebrate in (S)TILE

Good morning. Just a very quick post from me this morning as today I will be taking Katy and my scrummylicious Grand-Daughter Lola Arizona back home to Southsea after their week long visit - where did that week disappear so quickly too??
I took inspiration for  the card I would like to shre with you from my Funky DT buddy Kathy and the fabulous sketch this month on her Sketch File blog
As soon as I saw the sketch I knew exactly what I wanted to do so set off the search for the perfect image to carry it off and here's what I came up with

I started by stamping the PB 4155L 'Flower Amongst Flowers' image onto a 12cm x 12cm piece of cardstock and  embossed with clear EP and then cut this into 9 4cm squares and then matt & layered these onto black cardstock.
I then placed them onto the A5 basecard - added some co-ordinating ribbon from stash.
I stamped a tiny tag image and then stamped the Celebrate sentiment - cut it out and attached to the ribbon with a pearl centred brad.

Other challenges I would like to enter are:

Just Add Ink - Black & White

Thanks for popping by.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

21 comments:

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous...so striking in the black/white. Clean and beautiful.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Loopylou. said...

oh debs, its gorjuss hun, i love the black and white and the stamp is lurvely!!!! isn't that sketch just fab? got me all inspired, got another on the go but the stamp magic show is calling me today!!! hugs Lou xxx

Fluffles said...

A really beautiful card, love it. Jx

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, Beautiful card! Such a lovely image.

Lisa x

Cheryl said...

oh hun how brilliant is this just stuning,hugs cheryl xx

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow this is stunning. I love the design and the monochrome
Have a great day
Lisa x

Claire x said...

Absolutely love this Debs, very clever and looks so stunning. Hugs, Claire x

Wishcraft said...

Oh this is beautiful! I love this stamp - I keep 'nearly buying' it and then putting it back, but I really must get it soon! Great layout too :o) Lisa x

inkeverywhere said...

Fabulous layout. Works perfectly with the Black and White theme. Chantell

Lynda said...

Oh Wow what an absolutely stunning card - thanks for using Kathy's Waffle Sketch for your design.

Love Lynda xxx

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jackie said...

Your card is gorgeous Debs. I think I may have to invest in that stamp, it's lovely.

Thanks for taking part in the Kathy's Sketch File challenge this month.
Jackie xx

Whimsey said...

OM gosh; what an adorable image; love your color combo too!

Thanks for joining us at LCI this week!

Hugs,
Michele

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer debs this is one classy card truly wonderful it has brought me such a delight to see. The image and design are perfect.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Kathy said...

oooh I LOVE this monochrome way to use the June LO on The Sketch File, It worsk so beautifully with that image

Juls said...

oooh wow I love this, Love the mosaic effect, and the fact its monochrome and the layout, such a fabulous and stylish card!!! Hugs Juls

Nikki Spencer said...

So striking! A fabulous combination of challenges, they are perfect together! thanks for playing at JAI this week.

Samantha said...

What a stunning card love this soooo much went to see the sketch you used and will be joining in there thanks Samantha :0)

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, very elegant! Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx

Samantha said...

Hi again, just to let you know I did join in with the Sketch challenge and I did say I found it from you! xx Thanks again :0)

Crafting Joanne said...

Simply stunning Debs.

Thank you for joining us for our Monochrome challenge over at CYDA.

Hugs

Joanne x