Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 12 May 2011

WOW Now that's service!!!

Good afternoon. I just had to come back again with another post to share a card I have just made using one of the adorable new stamps from LOTV - yes I received mine this morning after placing my order yesterday - wow wow wow that really is super speedy service thank you ladies!
 So I thought it only fitting that I joined in the new challenge at LOTV this week.
Now I would normally think cute & girly for the theme of
Ribbons & Bows
 but I just had to use this new stamp as my DH is Grading for his Karate Black Belt on Sunday so I wanted to make him a good luck card from Jack.
So I incorporated some white ribbon and some black ribbon to represent the range of karate belts from start to finish - I know - I nearly fell over when that brainwave hit lol!!!
And then I thought I would attach the sentiment with a bow - eureka!
So here's what I used:
Image - LOTV Karate Kid coloured with PM's
DP's - Tim Holtz - Shabby Vintage
Black & white organza ribbon from stash
Sentiment - Computer generated (Japanese symbol = Good Luck)
Heart shaped gem - recycled from Valentine card

Close up of adorable image

Close up of sentiment

Challenges I would like to enter:

LOTV - Ribbon & Bows
Cards for Men - For Someone Special
Stamp with Fun - Sketch
Ladybug Crafts Ink - Black, White &  other (mine is grey)
Pollycraft Monday - Boyz to Men
Stamps R Us - For the Men in out Lives

Thanks for popping by.
Enjoy the rest of your day.
TTFN

18 comments:

Fleur said...

Stunning card Debs, I love your colouring ~ he looks fantastic. Definitly great seveice ~ not ordered any yet, but that won't last LOL
Enjoy the rest of the week & good luck to hubby
HUGZ Fleur xXx

Lisa Jane said...

oh what a cute image Debs.. and by the sound of it faster than the speed o flight ,, lol
Love the grey with the black and white - perfect male card
Thanks for joining us at Ladybug crafts ink
Lisa x

Claire x said...

Blimey that was speedy - I ordered some last night, so mine will probably come tomorrow and one of those being the one you have used in your fabulous card! LOL. Hugs, Claire x

Debbie said...

Wow that is fantastic service.Great card - I love it.Love Debbie x

Brenda Brown said...

Love your brainwaves and fabulous card Debs.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Wishcraft said...

Wow that was fast - and so were you making your card as soon as it arrived! I'm not letting myself order the new ones yet, because I've not managed to use any of the stamps I bought in the last release yet! Love your card. The image is fab, love the layout and papers :o) Lisa x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Debbie,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Jules said...

Hi Debs

A great card and extra special for the reason you made it. I hope hubby does well.

You have coloured your image perfectly and I love the thinking behind the black and white.

I looked at the LOTV stamps yesterday but was very strong. I put 4 in my basket then emptied it and walked away .. .. but I still keep thinking about them LOL!!!

I hope all is good with you.

Love Jules xx

Pops x said...

Stunning sweetie hugs pops x x x

pinky said...

This is just so gorgeous, what a cutie and love your you have shaded him. Thanks for playing along at LCI this week.
Pinky

Pami said...

This is such a great card Debs! And I love that little guy! Thanks for sharing it with us at LCI this week, good luck! Pami x

Vicky said...

Fabulous Debs!...super cutie and great monochrome look too!

Wow what great delivery!..fingers crossed I get mine tomorrow..!

hugs Vicky xx

Dianne said...

How cool is this card? Love it !!

Hugs,
Dianne

Ingela said...

Hi!
Such a cute image and great take on the sketch!
Thanks for joining Stamp with Fun!
Hugs
Ingela SWF-team

Mandy said...

Great card,love the LOTV image and the colour theme...Thanks for joining us at Cards for Men...
Mandy x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Debs, what a gorgeous card. I love the colours you've used. Thanks for joining in with our sketch challenge over at stamp with fun this week. Hugs, Denise x

Collette said...

Scrumptious! I love LOTV images - this is perfect for a manly card - love your b/w monochromatic-ness (?, lol). Thanks so much for sharing with us at Stamps R Us!

Alison said...

love the monochrome look and he is such a cutie! Thanks for playing along with our 'Someone Special' challenge at Cards for Men and good luck!
Hugs, Alison x