Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 3 May 2011

A Very Significant Birthday

Hello again. This is my second post for today - I must be on a roll lol!!!
Click here for the details of my first post today - my DT card for An Oldie but a Goodie.
I would like to share a very special card I have made for a lovely blogging buddy that has a very special birthday tomorrow - Happy Birthday for tomorrow Pauline!

I totally loved bringing this card together. It started with creating a background for the image using the Layered Stamped Background technique - as demonstrated by Shari Carroll - Hero Arts here and I knew I wanted the numbers to be a key feature - so this was used as the 0 and then I cut a 5 using my Cricut.
The scrummy design papers are Linen Closet from DCVW - a birthday gift - they are delicious and so is the matching cardstock pad :-)
A sizzix floral swirl with a few pearl brads, a couple of prima flowers and a sprinkling of butterflies to finish it off.
I hope you like it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

 And the reason for sharing it with you today is so that I can enter it into the Anything Goes blog hop challenge at Simon Says Stamp this week.
I would also like to enter the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Anything Goes
The Crafty Pad - Pearls & Swirls

Thanks for popping by (again!)
TTFN

19 comments:

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Happy 50th birthday to your friend! She is gonna love this card, its beautiful!

Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion this week, good luck!
Hugs shell xx

Liz, said...

This is gorgeous, I'm sure Pauline will love it,

Liz x

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful card Debs -love how the 0 is actually your image -which is so pretty
Gorgeous soft blues- Pauline will love it
Lisa

jules said...

gorgeous card!!!

Shirley-anne said...

Hi there .Stunning card , perfect for a special birthday . LOVE THE O
Thanks for sharing and linking to Make it Monday .

coldwaters2 said...

Totally fabulous card Debs loving that image and the colours a super special card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Claire x said...

Such a gorgeous card Debs, I am sure she will love this. Hugs, Claire x

Lisa Jane said...

oops forgot to say -Thanks for joining us at Make it monday this week
Lisa x
Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Vicky said...

Stunning Debs...

hugs Vicky xx

Monica said...

Your friend will love, love, love this card... so sweet and gentle.

Saw this wonderful card at Michelle's MIM.

xxx Monica

Wishcraft said...

Such a pretty card Debs. Love the soft colours and fab image :o) Lisa x

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Debs, I do love the pretty colours!
Clairex

Lorraine said...

It's lovely. The colours are gorgeous. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Gerda said...

I love your card! I saw it at "Make it Monday" and am a follower now.

Hugs. Gerda

ladyjanet_56 said...

What a lovely creation, very pretty colours thank you for sharing with us at MPCC. Janet

Pauline C said...

Hi Debbie - this card is totally stunning - thankyou so much I love it! And thanks so much also for your kind gift of the stamp set. I'm really thrilled.
Hugs and best wishes
pauline x

kath said...

beautiful card debs and I love how you used the zero to place your image......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

Oh oh oh! I love the creativity of your card! I would never have thought of anything like this! Love love love it! Thank you for sharing & playing along with us in The Crafty Pad – Pearls & Swirls Challenge Check back with us on Sunday to see if you’re a lucky winner & our next challenge theme. Fair winds & following seas, The Navy Wife.

bosenberries said...

Such soft and pretty colours! Thanks so much for joining us at My Partner in Crafting Crime, Robin