Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 19 May 2011

A Little Bit of Alcohol Ink Hic!

Good morning. What a beautiful bright start to the day it is here in Gloucestershire today - I hope it lasts - a bit of sunshine always makes me feel so much better :-)
Today we have another new challenge theme for you at

and it is a fabulous sketch from my teamie Hazel
This week we are sponsored by
Stitchy Bear

And 1 lucky winner will receive $10.00 of digi images.

 Now as soon as I saw the gorgeous images we were lucky enough to get as DT I immediatley knew I what I wanted to do.
So I set to printing this fabulous shadow image (Floppy Lattes Garden Fairy) onto photo paper so that I could use some alcohol inks to create the background for her.
I used Shell Pink and Lettuce and used the dabbing and twisting technique

I then used matching Distress Inks - Worn Lipstick and Peeled Paint to create a distressed look background onto Linen cardstock .
The three panels to the left were created using the same Distress Inks onto photo paper and then overstamped with text stamp in Archival Black.
I finally added a gorgeous Dragonfly - from Creative Expressions - stamped onto photo paper and then inked with the matching Distress Inks.
I really enjoyed making this card - even if I did end up with multi coloured fingers lol!!!


Challenges I would like to enter:
Creative Belli - Someting Starting with S - mine is shadow stamp
Paper Shelter - Distress to Impress
Penny's Paper Crafty - Anything Goes
A Spoonful of Sugar - Anything Goes
Creative Crafts Challenge - Distressed/Vintage
Crazy Challenge - Green & Pink
Cupcake Craft - In the Garden (doesn't everyone have fairies in their garden?)
Stamp with Fun - Green & Pink

Please pop over to the main challenge blog and see the other fabulous inspiration from the rest of the talented DT.
Hope you can find some time to join us this week.
Thanks for popping by.
TTFN

25 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

Lisa Jane said...

This is stunning debs.. i love that background .. so magical
Lisa x

DesignerDiva said...

Gorgeous card Debs its all ethereal (if thats how you spell it!) and perfect for the image. Brilliant
Hugs Laurie x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

This is stunning Debs!
Clare x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Such pretty colours...I love it hun!
hugs shell xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful image. Thanks for joining us at TPS this week.
Hugs

Claire x said...

This is so gorgeous and the image is lovely. You always amaze me with your creations when using all these inks, something I really dare not have a go at for making such a mess LOL. Hugs, Claire x

Jenny said...

Eine tolle Karte mit einem tollen Motiv.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Debs. I love the way you have used alcohol inks on the image and the background paper and panels showcase it perfectly.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Faye said...

Oh I really love this. Fab take on our In the Garden Challenge. Thanks for joining in with us at Cupcake this week. x

Vicky said...

Just so gorgeous Debs...!

hugs Vicky xx

Pami said...

This is gorgeous Debs! I love the background, I wish I could do something like this! The colours are gorgeous. Hope all ok with you. Pami x

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card debs and lovely colours
Clairex

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is absolutley gorgeous, perfect in every way, big hugs love Pops x x x

Dezinaworld said...

Gorgeous Debs, I love the colours
Oh and please pop by my dezinaworld blog and grab your friday fun freebie if you want it :)
have a happy weekend
hugs June xxxxxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Debs.
luv
Debby

Liza said...

Fabulous work, I love how you have created the background. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Kay Carley said...

Beautiful. xx

Delphine said...

This is gorgeous, Debbie! I love what you done! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Wow your card is fabulous!
Love your gorgeous colors and such pretty papers and detail!
So happy that you have joined us at
TPS.....

Hugs
Judith

Juls said...

so striking!!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Debs this is amazing, I love the colours you have used and the alcohol inks are brilliant on the backing. Love Hazelxoxzo

joy said...

Gorgeous card, great attention to detail. Thanks for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Gorgeous card Debs -love the choice of colours, and the background technique of ink on linen card gives fabulous texture.

Hugs, Sylvia xx

darling Ho said...

Wow! An amazing card! Love the image and the vintage style is just prefect!
Thanks for sharing it at CCH, hope to see you again.:) ~hugs~darling Ho~CCH-DT