Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 18 May 2011

I Image 1 Embossing Powder 2 Different Looks

Good afternoon. I'm back again with my second post for today - my first was for my DT project for Get Funky - Kathy's Funky 15th Recipe - see here for details
This time I would like to share a couple of CAS cards I have made for two different challenges.
The first one I made was supposed to be for both Penny Black Saturday - Clean & Simple challenge and I thought I would take inspiration from Less is More as well - kill two birds with 1 stone - so to speak!
But when I actually read the instructions for Less is More I had got it wrong -  it has to be 1 layer and as you can see I had mat & layered my image onto the basecard - doh!!!

So this is the one for PBSC:

I stamped one of my favourite PB flower images with Gold Brilliance Ink and heat embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Bright Gold Metallic EP.
I chose to mat & layer onto orange cardstock and add an orange satin bow (what a bargain that ribbon was - £1.25 from Paperchase for a 5m roll!!) and punched a couple of MS flutterbies from orange glitter card to tie in with the challenge theme at Ladybug Crafts Ink - ORANGE

Here's a close up of the heat embossing

So my next card is for Less is More
One Layer Card - Embossing
(How did I get it wrong in the first place - it clearly says 1 layer - double doh!!!)
Anyways - the post title states 1 Image 1 Embossing Powder 2 Different Looks
How?
Well I stamped the image first with Perfect Medium Clear and then again with Archival Black and when you heat emboss with Cosmic Shimmer Lapis Pearl Lustre EP you get 2 different results because the EP is a lustre so the base colour interferes with it.

You can sort of see it better in the close up here:


So that's why it's 1 image 1 EP but 2 looks - simples!

Thanks to the lovely ladies Chrissie & Mandi - I haven't had my EP and heat tool out for such a long time!

Thanks also to you lovelies for popping over (again).
Aaron Kerry & the scrummylicious Oliver are coming for tea tonight and I feel a Mexican Wave coming on lol!!!
TTFN

26 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow .. 2 fabulous cards ... i must admit i do love the orange card .. and not just because you entered our challenge at LCI
The stamp is fabulous for the embossing treatment
Lisa x

Clare *Littlebear* said...

These are beautiful Debs. Heat embossing really suits this image.
Hugs, Clare x

Juls said...

such an inspirational post .... its great to see the same stamp used in different ways, and the embossing is just gorgeous!!! Hugs Juls

Claire x said...

Two gorgeous cards - I love this heat embossing, its so effective - I must use mine more - if only I had the time! Enjoy lots of huggles with Oliver tonight. Hugs, Claire x

Chrissie said...

These are both super cards and the effect you have achieved on the second one is just lovely! The close-up is terrific.
Thanks so much for another superb submission.
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Jules said...

Hi Debs

Gorgeous work.

Loving both of these but if I had to choose a favourite it would be the first one. The colours just pop!!! Beautiful.

Sorry for re-naming your husband Debs. Hope I didn't start any rumours LOL!!

My Son's name is Steve .. .. I will blame him!! Tee hee!!

Have a great evening and enjoy those cuddles!

Love Jules xx

Dianne said...

Stunning!! Gorgeous cards with the heat embossing.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Vicky said...

They are both gorgeous Debs...but I do love the first one..that orange looks fabulous hun!

have a lovely evening..hugs Vicky xx

Jo said...

Wow, these are beautiful cards, stunning. Jo

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftyC said...

Totally gorgeous Debs, they all are!
Clairexx

Mandi said...

Fantastic card...even the non-one layer hehe
Love that stmap its yummy!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
"Less is More

Pami said...

Hi Debs, these are both fabulous! Love the arange one with the cute little butterflies! Hope all ok with you. Thanks for joining in with us at LCI this week, good luck! Pami x

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful Debs, really simple but stunning!
Hugs Laurie x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous cards Debs, love them both :o) Lisa x

Zoechaos said...

Lovely cards and fab embossing especially the second one. XOXO Zoe

Debgem said...

I think it's lovely to see how versatile stamps are! I think your first card is just gorgeous. And your second is super - love the way the black has a subtle blue shine!!

Mary J said...

I've just joined your mexican wave here in East Sussex, lol!

Such great cards - I love it! You have a brilliant style and an entertaining blog!

Thx for playing my orange challenge over at Ladybug Crafts Ink! See you again soon!

Mary J x

sasa said...

Great cards and love the blues on the second one especially,
Thanks for sharing,
Sarah at 183

Susan said...

Debs...your embossing is FABULOUS!!! Lovely cards!

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous, beautiful cards.
luv
Debby

kath said...

gorgeous cards debs...love the cute butterflies.....thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

NGCARDS said...

A very cute card hun, thanks for joining in this week at PBSC xxx

Aileen said...

Both cards are lovely. Super embossing and love the effect on your second one. x

Jenny said...

Love the two tone embossing on the second card, lovely design :)
Jenny x

Amanda R said...

Lovely card, I like how it is simple yet the bow and butterflies make it seem 3 dimensional. Very pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at LCI!