Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, 6 May 2011

Flutterby Butterfly

Good afternoon. Today I would like to share a card I made just for pleasure - but I was inspired by a few challenges as always and will give the details later in the post, but what I mean by a card for pleasure - I loved creating it - using some of my gorgeous new birthday gifts and some 'me treats' lol!!! 
So I started by creating a background using Distress Inks and the Layered Stamped background technique - tutorial here and then I overstamped with the gorgeous swirls & flourishes.
The sentiment is one of my favourites from Creative Expressions - not quite straight but I'm not too worried by that :-)
There would have been a time that I would have been really worried by that - as I always have to have everything so straight, even, neat & tidy - from cushions on the sofa to the bed made with precison - all the washing on the line in size order and with matching colour pegs - but I am a 'little' more relaxed about that type of stuff these days!
Anyways back to the card lol!!!
The gorgeous flutterby (that's what we call them in our house) was stamped onto Grungepaper - something I've never used before and then 'coloured' with Dusty Concorde Distress Ink and blinged up with 'Crystal Ice' Ice Stickles
A touch of mat & layering and then more blinging around the mat and that's it finished.
I just love this colour combo - especially in the sunshine.
Here are the challenges that I took inspiration from:

Claudia & Co - Butterflies
Crafts & Me - Swirls
Flutterby Wednesday - Add a Butterfly, Fairy or Angel - Open Theme
The Paper Variety - Mists Ink or Paint
Art Impressions Stamps Challenge - Bling, Glitter & Sparkle
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin - Try Something New - used Grungepaper

Thanks for popping over.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

18 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So pretty and beautifully embellished.

Lisa Jane said...

wow i love that sparkly Butterfly .. and the stamped flourish border.. so pretty
Lisa x

Claire x said...

WOW Debs this is absolutely stunning - I love the colours. Thanks for trying something new at Sweet Stampin' this week. Hugs, Claire x

Mel said...

Oooh, I love butterflies, and this one is especially pretty. Thanks for participating at The Paper Variety.

Pami said...

This looks lovely Debs, love the sparkle on the butterfly! Its great to do something just for the sake of it and not to follow a challeng! Hope your day is going ok. Pami x

Juls said...

just beautiful!! I love the colours and the sentiment is just beautiful and the dimensional butterfly finishes it off beautifully! Hugs Juls

DesignerDiva said...

Lovely Debs and what a beautiful sentiment
Hugs Laurie x

Abi said...

This is beautiful, I love your grungepaper flutterby. I have grunge too that I've never tried (don't tell anyone!) you've inspired me to go for it! Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet stampin x

Tracey T said...

Love the effect of your background paper and the wonderful sentiment. The butterfly is gorgeous! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Debs, so pretty! Lisa x

Debs said...

Lovely card, great sentiment, thanks for joining us at TPS this week.
Hugs

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Debs. Love all the swirls and a beautiful flutterby (I call them that to)!
Clairexx

Fiona said...

this is sooo pretty...the butterfly is amazing!! I have never tried grunge before, might have to now!! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week.

Fi
x

~jan said...

What a wonderful card! Loving all the inking. That butterfly is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Variety!

KC said...

this card is so lovely I just adore that butterfly! thank you for sharing your bling with us at Stamp Insanity:)

Bella´s Bastelecke said...

Gorgeous card, sweetie and I love the image you have used….. Thanks for joining us at TPS...

Hugs
Judith

April said...

Very pretty! Your butterfly looks amazing. :) Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Variety!
- April

Anna said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Flutter By Wed!