Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 12 May 2011

At least a couple of B's' at MAWTT

Good morning. Hope you are all well today. We have a  new challenge for you at
Moving Along With The Times picked by the lovely and talented Brenda and you can decide what to do as long as you use
at least two items
beginning with

THE LETTER B

 (for Brenda's initials BB)

I decided to alter a frame and add a piece of 'artwork' for my craft room
My 'B's'are:
Butterflies
Button
Bling

I started by painting the wooden frame with Acrylic Paint and then inked the edges with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and over-stamped the flowers in Archival Black.
The 'artwork' was made using Peeled Paint Distress Ink and Penny Black Script stamp with my favourite butterfly stamped onto the corner. I then stamped the butterfly again and cut it out to layer on top. I 'blinged' the butterfly up with Ice Stickles and a few adhesive pearls.
I used the Peeled Paint DI to 'colour' some cardstock and then punched some flowers, adding some more adhesive pearls to the centres.
A few Martha Stewart butterflies - one of my favourite sentiments and a cute little heart button to finish it off.

Challenges that I would like to enter:

Flutterby Wednesday - Anything Goes
Sweet Stamps - Butterflies
Simon Says Stamp & Show - Anything Goes

Please pop over and see the other fabulous inspiration from the rest of the talented DT.
Hope you can find some time to join us this week.
I can't wait to see what 'B's' you choose.

Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

13 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

This is a beautiful project Debs. I love green .. so straight away it appeals to me .. fabulous frame and gorgeous sentiment
Lisa x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Gorgeous hun, love the papers & the colour is fab!
hugs shell xx

sasa said...

Lovely colours - the green is so nice...and great sentiment too.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!
Sarah

Claire x said...

This is absolutely lovely Debs and I'm sure it will hang pride of place on your wall in your craft room. Hugs, Claire x

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW Debs this is super, My b for today is blooming blogger played me up so just getting to everyone now!!! Love Hazelxo

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A beautiful piece of altered artwork Debs - love the inspirational sentiment and the butterfly.

Have a happy weekend - hugs, Sylvia xx

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a beautiful project. I love the soft muted colors you used. Thank you for joining our challenge at SweetStamps.com.

Brenda Brown said...

This is just gorgeous Debs, such a great frame and lovely design.
I hope you are going to enter it into my Blog Candy challenge give-away.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Pami said...

This is a fabulous project Debs, I love doing things like this! Its a gorgeous colour as well. Just wonderful! Pami x

Sandy Hulsart said...

Deb, very lovely card. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Sweet Stamps challenge blog.

DesignerDiva said...

This is beautiful Debs, really really pretty.
I go away for a few days and chaos breaks out in blogland - I was panicking when my schedule post didn't!
Hugs Laurie x

dmbennett said...

Beautiful Frame. Love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stamps Challenge Blog.

Dawn B - SSDT

Harriet Skelly said...

What a pretty frame!! Thanks for playing with us at Flutter By Wednesday!