Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 28 May 2011

Allsorts - Things with Wings

Good morning. Blimey you go away for a couple of days and Mr Blogger gets annoyed and wouldn't let me sign in - what a nightmare!!!! But patience is the virtue and here I am to share my project for the new challenge theme at Allsorts this week
THINGS WITH WINGS
I decided I wanted to make something other than a card and took inspiration from this that I saw when I visited Katy a couple of weeks ago:


and here is my version:


Close up of butterflies - top one:  

Bottom One:

Butterflies made from Grunge Paper - painted with Acrylic paint first then stamped. embossed and glittered
I cut out two larger ones and then two smaller ones and glued then back to back sandwiching the ribbon inside first.
I now have this hanging on the back of my craft room door - adorned with both my gorgeous new Grandchildren.
Thanks for all the lovely best wishes.
I have had my first snuggle with 'Squirt' as I have affectionately nicknamed Lola Arizona - for reasons that it would be rude to share lol!!! and she is even more gorgeous IRL than the photos I shared earlier this week.

Here are some more up to date ones:




Before I go the winner of my little Birthday Bash candy is
#4
RUBY
Congrats hun - please e-mail your snail mail to me jesimpson@mar08.freeserve.co.uk

Thanks for popping over.
TTFN

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, This is lovely ... the butterflies are so pretty :-) Awww your baby granddaughter is just adorable.

Hope you have a great bank holiday weekend :-)

Lisa xx

Debs M said...

what a great idea it looks fabulous! x

Jules said...

Hi Debs

A gorgeous project and a gorgeous baby.

So glad you have at last had your first cuddle. The poor little girl is always going to be known as squirt now!! LOL!!!

Have a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

ribenaruby said...

Hi Debs, many congratulations on your beautiful new grand-daughter! She is a cutey and no doubt received lots of loving cuddles from Grandma...your creation is wonderful too, may have to use this idea one day soon as a prese, beautiful butterflies bring it to life so much. Lastly thankyou so much in advance for my win, will email you, best wishes, Ruby x

Cheryl said...

oh hun this is so beautiful love that butterfly,so pretty,and your granddaughter hun is so so adorable oh so cute,hugs cheryl xxxxx

Jackie said...

Debs, your little granddaughter is absolutely perfect, so gorgeous, congratulations.
Jackie

Claire x said...

Your hanging is absolutely gorgeous and a great creation to hold those cute pics! And excuse me "SQUIRT"???? I can imagine the reasons why you named her that LOL, let's hope it doesn't stick with her for too long though :O) Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Pami said...

Oh Debs what adorable photos! So cute! And I love your project, its beautiful. Hope you are having a nice weekend. Pami x

Lia said...

That's gorgeous! Love your ideas!

Your grandchildren are so cute! How old are they? I have a nephew too. He's 2 months and a half old...cutest thing ever!!!

I am just gathering up a DT for my new blog. I'd be honored if you wanted to take a place in our team. Let me know if you'd like to.


Hugs,
Lia

Misty's Mum said...

What a beautiful idea for the things with wings challenge & what a lovely idea for a gift