Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 30 April 2011

We've gone Oriental at Allsorts

Good morning. Well did we all watch the wedding yesterday? I was glued to the telly all day (from 8am - 4pm and then the highlights later in the evening!!!) and thoroughly enjoyed every moment. What a beautiful occasion and a beautiful couple who are so obviously in love.
Before I tell you about this week's challenege at Allsorts I thought I should let you know that we are having
A BIRTHDAY BASH BLOG HOP
very soon to celebrate are upcoming 2nd anniversary
Anyway onto this week's challenge at Allsorts and this week the lovely Amanda has picked
ORIENTAL
as the theme.
Now this is not a style I have ever done before and didn't really know what to do until I remembered that I have some fabulous Oriental Character Digi Stamps from Digi Stamp Boutique and they happen to be our regular last week of the month sponsor - so perfect!
I then decided that I would make a kimono shaped base card - using a template from the MCS Encyclopedia of templates.

The DP is from Nitwits - originally it was brown & cream but I changed the colour in MCS Professional to match the colour I had used for the image.
A few adhesive pearls and some Wild Orchid Craft Cherry Blossom flowers (colour changed using Dusty Concorde Distress Ink) and a Martha Stewart punched butterfly to finish it off. 

This may not be totally traditional oriental - but I'm quite pleased with the result.
Hope you like it too.

Challenges I would like to enter are:

Crafts 4 Eternity - Anything Goes
Inspire me Fridays - Anything Goes
Just Add Ink - Add a Flower
Paper Cutz - Anything Goes
AiFactory - Anything Goes
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Anything Goes
Sassy Studio Designs - Mononchromatic


Thanks for popping over.
John and Jack are taking me out today to shop for my birthday pressies for tomorrow - I'm still like a big kid when it comes to my birthday lol!!!
Have a wonderful day - whatever you are doing.
TTFN

18 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Oh i love the Kimono style Debs.. and in lilac .. just gorgeous
Why not enter our fashion challenge at ladybug crafts ink
Lisa x

Violets Corner said...

Love the Kimono shaped card Debs, it's very oriental. The paper and colours are just fabulous.

Hugs
Maarit

Denise and Louise said...

Fantastic shaped card Debs. Love what you have done with the paper and that image is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at DDSB this week xx

Claire x said...

This is gorgeous Debs, perfect colours and such a lovely image. Hugs, Claire x

pinky said...

Thats just beautiful Debs!! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
Pinky

pinky said...

Me again Debs, thanks for playing along at LCI too this week.

Karen said...

Great card and what a fab idea too, thanks for joining us at DDSB.
xx

Sara said...

Oh how sweet! Thanks for playing along with SSD!

Pami said...

What a gorgeous card Debs! My fav colour as well! I was the same as you, watched the wedding all day!! Thanks for joining in with us at LCI this week and good luck. Pami x

Wishcraft said...

Lovely card Debs. Great shape and love the image :o) Lisa x

Cheryl said...

oh just love this hun,the style is just gorgeous hugs cheryl x

dj1952 said...

Your card is so beautiful. I love the kimono and the colors you've used. Thanks for joining us at DDSB and we look forward to seeing you again. Hugs, dj

Katherines Corner said...

Oh this is just darling, love th color too.I enjoyed my visit to your lovely blog. Hugs and wishes for a beautiful day ahead. Katherine

Ika said...

what an adorable card and love your idea to make a kimono card! great job! thank you for playing with AI Factory this week! hugs

Sue said...

This is so pretty!! Love the shape of your card, and the soft, gentle colours

Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts this week, hope to see you again soon

Sue xx

craftybunny said...

What a super design to go with the cute image.Love the pretty colours.Thanks for joining us at DDSB :D
Lisa x

craftybunny said...

I'm back wearing a different DT hat.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
Lisa x

michele said...

Fabulous card! thanks for joining us at c4e this week hugs x