Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 16 April 2011

Time for a Sketch at Allsorts

Good  morning. It's Saturday so that means it's time for another new challenge theme at Allsorts and this time it's the lovely Emma that has picked it. But first thank you to everyone that joined in wth Fleur's Anything but Square challenge - we had some gorgeous entries and tons of inspiration for future projects! Don't forget to pop over and see if you were one of the lucky winners or in the Top5.

So this week the lovely Emma has given us a great sketch to work with
and here's my take on it:

I treated myself to a gorgeous new Penny Black stamp' Flowers amongst Flowers' from Sir Stampalot   and I immediately knew I wanted to use some Gilding Flakes with it.
So I stamped the image onto heat enbossable acetate with Archival Ink and then clear embossed it. Then I 'painted' on some Gilding Medium - left it to dry for 15mins. (that was the hardest bit - waiting lol!!!) before adding the Guilding Flakes - I love the outcome of this technique.
Here's a close up:

From the 'leftover' piece of gilded acetate I punched some of my favourite Martha Stewart butterflies to use as the embellishments.
A few adhesive pearls and a Whimsey Stamps sentiment finish it all off.


Hope you can find some time to join us this week.
Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous inspiration over on the Allsorts blog .

Before I go I will share what is one of my favourite photos of my new Grandson (so far lol!!!)

Click on the photo and just take a look at that little tongue lol!!!
Is this a sign of the 'cheekiness' to come lol!!!

Have a wonderful day.
I'm off to have another snuggle with Oliver later but first we are having a day out with Jack and his Grandma to Weston Supermare.
TTFN

12 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh debs hun just love the card,looks amazing,great colurs,and the photo hun oh gosh how cute bless,so tiny,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Mummylade said...

it is hard to focus on your card with that gorgeous little one with his tongue out =) but the card is brilliant.

Vicky said...

Did you know the crafting world is all about sharing & you are not sharing..... so hand the baby over please!!!!!! lol sorry hun he is gorgeous wow I want him please hun I will send you my address lol.
Your card is also gorgeous hun love the image I've not seen that one its so effective. love the flutterbies as well. Have a great weekend shug.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Claire x said...

WOW Debs, what an amazing card - I absolutely love your techniques - when you do something different, they are always stunning. What a fabby photo too - wide awake and looking very cheeky. His is adorable. Have a great day in Weston. Hugs, Claire x

brenda said...

Well Debs, before I can talk about your card it has to be the star of the show and say what a darling he is.

You enjoy evey moment of time you can with him and indulge all you like, it's allowed of us Grandparents.

And I love your take on Emma's sketch, the centre panel looks amaging.

B x

Lisa Jane said...

ooh give him a snuggle from me lol
I love those gold flakes .. the card is gorgeous
Lisa x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

Fleur said...

An absolute stunning card Debs, and the photo is adorable enjoy your hugs. Have a lovely weekend

HUGZ Fleur xXx

Pami said...

Gorgeous Debs, the card and grandson of course!! Hope your weekend is going well. Pami x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Debs, the image is stunning and brilliant the way you have used it to create such a stunning centrepiece! Your little Grandson is totally adorable! :) Donna x

Pops x said...

This is very pretty sweetie, big hugs pops x x

xxxtglxxx said...

This looks amazing Deb :)

I have never played with gilding flakes, but I have never seen them look like this either!

Beautiful!

hugs

xxalisonxx