Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Having Fun Distress Inks

 
Good afternoon. What a glorious day it is here in sunny Gloucestershire. Doesn't it make you feel good when the sun is shining - it does me! Another thing that make sme feel good is having a good crafty play and sometimes I am so focussed on getting a card made that I forget to have fun and enjoy it!! Not the case with this card as I specifically set out to have fun with some Distress Inks and techniques that I haven't done in what seems like ages.
I di d have a challenge (or two) in mind -as always lol!!! Will share those at the end.
So what did I do.

I started with the folding of the card to fit with the theme at Moving Along With The Times - More than 1 Fold
and scored a piece of A4 cardstock into 3 equal sections and then scored 1 of the sections in half before mountain & valley folding.
Then I inked the card with Dusty Concorde and Tumbling Glass DI - love these colours together.
I stamped by most favourite swirl using Dusty Concorde in the top left and bottom right corner.
I inked another piece of the cardstock with Tumbling Glass  DI and then overstamped the butterfly (Creative Expressions) image using Dusty Concorde and then added Glamour Dust for some sparkle - cut it out, shaped the wings and added to the bottom section with a couple of Martha Stewart punched butterflies punched from the waste cardstock.
I stamped the gorgeous Dogwood image (Hero Arts) direct to the top section using Dusty Concorde and then stamped again onto another piece of cardstock inked with Tumbled Glass - cut out the flower heads, added some Glamour Dust to the centres and decoupaged onto the base image.
Sentiment (Creative Expressions) stamped with Dusty Concorde and mat & layered onto co-ordinating card.
When folded this fits into a DL envelope.

I really did enjoy making this one and must try to experiment more often!
Challenges I would like to enter are:

MAWTT - More than 1 fold
Secret Crafter - Butterflies
Cupcake Inspirations - Photo Inspiration

Thanks for popping by.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN 

20 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

wow this is stunning Debs .. i love the design and the soft blues and lilacs .. its really pretty
Thanks for joining su at MAWTT this week
Lisa x

Mags said...

Oh my, how fabulous is this! The colours are just gorgeous, and I love the big butterfly such a lot! Fantastic job!

luv, Mags x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

Pami said...

This is gorgeous Debs, it is so pretty! Love the colours. Have lots of lovely sun here with me today as well, although have been stuck in the office so not been able to enjoy it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Good luck. Pami x

DesignerDiva said...

This is so pretty Debs, the colours are fab. Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
Laurie x

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is stunning, love it, hugs pops x x x

Claire x said...

This is just beautiful Debs, love it. Hugs, Claire x

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card Debs, I love the layout and the fab flowers :) Donna x

Mandy said...

Oh Debs this is stunning, I love everything.
I hope you are o.k hun, I'm so sorry I've not been over for a while, I'm having trouble keeping up with everyone.
If you are going to the craft show at Shepton Mallet on Friday by any chance give me a shout :)
hugs Mandy xx

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is gorjuss, I love it, Thanks for sharing and playing along on MAWTT Love Hazelxcox

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous!

Thanks for joining our "Butterfly" challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Jules said...

Hi Debs

What a fantastic make!!

Lovely to see cards with a completely different twist to the norm.

Gorgeous!

We have had lovely sunshine too!! Long may it last!!

Love Jules xx

kelli said...

This is so pretty! Love the soft colors you've used! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT x

Chris said...

this is so pretty and delicate. I just love it. you've made such a great card. thanks for playing with us at CIC.

Dianne said...

Amazing breathtaking. Love the blues and violets.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun,this is brilliant,the colurs on this are just amazing,my fav colors too hugs cheryl xxxxx

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card Debs
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Debs. sometimes its nice just to sit and play. This is gorgeous
Clairex

Rachel Hope said...

So soft and pretty! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Juls said...

so stylish!!!! I just Love it!!! Hugs Juls