Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Fit for a Queen or Princess at An Oldie but Goodie

Good morning. How are we all today? We had a lovely time visiting Katie down in Southsea(Portsmouth) and when the baby arrives (my second Grandchild) at the end of May it will be a fabulous place to push the pram along the seafront - I can hardly wait!

This is my first post for today but I will be back later with my 3rd GDT card for Papertake Weekly but for now I would like to share my DT card for An Oldie But Goodie with you.
The theme this time round has been picked by the lovely Lisa Jane and Lisa would like to see your projects that are

FIT FOR A QUEEN/PRINCESS

I remembered I had a stencil somewhere of a crown with Princess sentiment so I dug it out and this is what I came up with:

I placed the stencil onto a square of Linen card and then inked through it with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink - using a Tim Holtz Distress Ink blending tool. I then 'blinged' it up with some Ice Stickles and adhesive gems. I added some more Distress Ink around the
 edge and adhered it to the card base adding some Glamour Dust around the edge.
The very pretty Miss Tilda has been coloured with PM's and a touch of Glamour Dust added then cut out and mounted onto the card.
I am quite pleased with how this one turned out.
Challenges I would like to enter are:

Make it Monday - Anything Goes
There She Goes - Monochromatic
My Partner in Crafting Crime - Photo Inspiration (I used the colours)
Stamptacular Sunday - Magnolia-licious
Totally Gorjuss - No Patterned Paper

Don't forget that you need to use a rubber/acrylic stamp that is at least 6 months old if you want to be in with a chance of winning the fabulous prize from our sponsor this week:
 Hope you can join in the fun.
Thanks for popping over - see you again soon.
TTFN

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh debs hun this is just gorgeous beautiful detail hun hugs cheyrl xxxxxxxx

Lisa Jane said...

HI Debs - what a great take on my theme ..
I love the crown! So pretty
Thanks for linking up with Make it Monday this week
Lisa ;)

Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

Loopylou. said...

oh debs this is so pretty, the crown looks fab you clever chick you!! huge hugs Lou xxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Definitely fit for a princess. Thanks for playing at TG this week. Marianne x

Claire x said...

WOW Debs this is just gorgeous! Love the stamped background and such a perfect Tilda image too. Glad you had a fab time with Katie. Hugs, Claire x

Vicky said...

Pretty card Debs and fabulous image too hun...

hugs Vicky xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Debs.

Hugs Riet.xx

Fleur said...

Stunning card Debs, The crown is perfect & fab choice of Tilda!
Enjoy your day
Big HUGZ Fleur xXx

Tracy said...

This is fabulous Debs, I love your image and design.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh my word debs! this is absolutely gorgeous!!!! thank you so much for sharing it with us at PCC.

hugs :)

Sharon Caudle said...

Gorgeous card, Debs! Love that crown and of course Princess Tilda is gorgeous!
hugs, Sharon

Michelle said...

Hi Debs

This is gorgeous!!

Love the added shimmer.

Thank you for sharing with us over at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Bron said...

This is fabulous! I am especially loving the tiara you have used. Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular Challenges this week we hope to see you again soon. Hugs Bron :D