Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 19 March 2011

A Trio of Boxes

Good morning. Today sees a new challenge over at Allsorts and thus week the lovley Helene would like to see you make
A GIFT BOX
As some of you know already I am going to be a Gramdma next month and again the month after so I decided toi make a trio of boxes for my Grand-daughter to be for her 'First Tooth' 'First Curl' and 'Birth Tag'

I started with some paper-mache boxes I bought in the sale at Hobbycrfat for 49p each! I painted them with pearly pink paint and then covered with some lovely text paper from the Nana's Nursery For a Girl set of papers.
I added some scrummy sheer dotty organza ribbon and some bakers twine around the edge of the lid.
I printed the 'sentiments' on the PC and die cut with a Spellbinders tag die, adding a touch of Spun Sugar Distress Ink to the edges and a tiny button with some more bakers twine.
A few Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and some pearly pink hearts to finish them off.


I would also like to share some of the reasons I have not been so active on my blog recently.
The main reason being I have just started on my Pain Management Programme (for my back problems) and this is currently on twice a week for 3 hours each session - and when I do get back from it I am feeling quite tired - not used to doing so much lately lol!!! I have been to 3 sessions so far and I am keeping an open mind - I do think that some of the strategies will be useful in the long term.
Another reason for not being so active is that I have been having some redecorating done - Aaron's & Kerry's old rooms - one of which will be my dedicated craft room - I am so excited about this.
Here's what it looks like so far:



Tomorrow my nephew will be laying the wooden floor and then we will be able to put together this little lot from Ikea:


The other room will be for Jack's den and this is how that looks so far:

Again the floor should be done this weekend and the sofa bed is on order so it shouldn't be too long before it's finished.
The next mammoth task will be sorting through my stash and re-organising it all!!!
Hope to get back into the swing of blogging and catching up with you all very soon.

Thanks for popping over.
Have a fab weekend.
TTFN

10 comments:

Dora said...

Wow how sweet these little boxes are, congrats on your new future role, you must be so excited. xx

Lisa Jane said...

what cute little boxes.. and a great idea/ Love the room .. will look fab when you have all your stuff in there
Lisa x

Cheryl said...

oh hun,adore your boxes they are so beautiful gosh,looks like you have lots of work to get done hun,cant wait to see the finished rooms,hugs cherylxxx

Chrissy said...

Hope you have a window put in the wall so you can wave to each other...Lucky you getting a whole room to yourself. Do the boys know there is no turning back.lol.
Your little boxes are adorable. what a fabulous idea.
Luv CHRISSYxx

may-chu said...

the little boxes are so cute. lovr them.
also - good reason for not posting lately.

Vicki said...

Oh Deb these are beautiful and you must be ecstatic about the forth coming birth of a little princess (having 3 boyz) bet you can't wait ;)

Hope the pain management starts to help or ease a bit and I'm soooo jealous of your craft room, it's going to be fab!

Have a lovely weekend,

hugs
Vicki x

Claire x said...

Hi Debs, WOW what fab boxes and such a wonderful gift they will be too! They are just gorgeous. Now I wondered why you hadn't been around much and this explains why - I bet you are so excited about the craft room - I have to say I am now very jealous and its massive! LOL. And Jack will also be a very lucky boy. Now the ikea boxes - they wouldn't be those white drawers would they that have endless storage space????? Have a great weekend hun. Hugs, Claire x

Mummylade said...

ooh, how lucky you are to get your own room!!

Autumn said...

Love your little gift boxes, they are too cute! Lucky you, your own craft room, I don't think I'd be crafting much either looking forward to that. Hope your back is getting better!
xxAutumn

Fleur said...

Fab little boxes Debs, I bet you're so excited. Hope your back begins to improve & your craft room look like it's going to be awesome ~ keep us posted.
BIG Hugz Fleur xXx