Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Pink & Girlie - but no flowers!!

Good afternoon. I was asked by a friend to make a card that was Pink & Girlie - but with no flowers - I know I should have asked why but I didn't and for a while I just thought how odd - don't all girlies love flowers????
Anyways I knew I wanted to make a card for the Lili of the Valley challenge and also knew I wanted to ink up one of my new LOTV stamps that hasn't been inked yet - shame on me!!! I had a rummage through various drawers. my digi papers etc and came across these perfect Design Papers for this image - and they were a freebie from a crfat magazine - result!

I decided to colour my image with distress inks this time - using mainly Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass.
A liberal dose of Glamour Dust has been added to the edges and a few tiny adhesive pearls to finish off the scalloped mat.
Sentiment generated on the PC.

Challenges I would like to enter are:

LOTV - Circles
Secret Crafter - Sweet Treats
Sweet Stampin' - Oh so Girlie

The sun is shining here in Gloucestershire today - feels like a lovely Spring Day - hurrah!
Hope you are having a wonderful day.
Thanks for popping by.
TTFN

16 comments:

Claire x said...

This is just gorgeous Debs, in fact I have used this image for a forthcoming DT card - watch this space Saturday LOL. I also have those papers in my drawers too and they are just perfect for this card - I absolutely love it. Hope you are having a good day. Hugs, Claire x

liza said...

Hi Debs,such a cutie,love the colour combo
love n hugs
liza
xox

Chrissy said...

Fabulous papers, what an awesome find, pays to buy those magazines.
Gorgeous image and lovely colouring.Even without flowers you have made this sweet and girlie.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Lisa Jane said...

what a pretty card - i love those papers and all the sparkle .
Lisa :)

downrightcrafty said...

oh love this sweet treat such a gorgeous creation thank you for sharing it with us at the SCSC
Hugs Kate xx

may-chu said...

love it! the background is cute and the stamp, with the coloring, is just perfect!

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is really gorgeous, loving your colours, thank for joining our circle challenge at Lili of the Valley. Good luck hugs Pops x x

Claire x said...

DOH and I forgot to say thanks for playing along with Sweet Stampin this week. Hugs, Claire x

Donna said...

This is so pretty Debs, I love the soft pastel colours and your image is oh so sweet...well done for not adding any flowers lol! :) Donna x

tilly said...

This is so girlie lol, loving the sparkles and colours
Tilly

Rach said...

a gorgeous girly card Debs, hugs rachxx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

So yummy!

Thanks for joining our “Sweet Treats” challenge on SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE :)

Hugs Jane x

Jo said...

Love this, it's adorable.
Thank you for joining us over at sweet stampin.
Jo xx

Val said...

So pretty. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin.
Hugs
Valxx

Juls said...

juat way too adorable for words!!! Hugs Juls

Sammibug said...

So SO pretty! The DP is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us in our Girly Girl challenge at Craft Your Passion.