Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, 21 February 2011

Saying it with Flowers at Lexi's Creations

Good morning. Before I share my card with you I would like to thank everyone for the kind words I received reagrding my upset at my son moving out for the first time on Saturday and also report that the move went well . Aaron & Kerry popped in for some lunch yesterday and I managed not to shed any tears when they left so I guess things are looking up already. I will feel even better when I get their old bedroom sorted and furnished again - the emptiness really doesn't help!!
Anyways on to today's share and it is my DT card for the new challenge at Lexi's Creations and this fortnight  we would like to see your projects with
FLOWERS
as the theme.
I have used a gorgeous Fairy Dust Crafts image - Roses

I started by creating a background to put the image onto by inking a piece of cardstock with Dusty Concorde Distress Ink and then overstamping with some Fancy Pants Swirls and Diamond images randomly with the same ink. This has then been mat & layered with co-ordinating cardstock and a touch of Glamour Dust added around the edges.
Image has been coloured with PM's.
This also used:
Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Wild Orchid Crafts Flowers
Pearl Brad & Adhesive Pearls from stash
Sentiment from Craftwork Cards - inked
Challenges I would like to enter are:
Cupcake Inspirations - Photo Inspiration
Fabulous Friday - No Patterned Paper
Totally Papercrafts - Use a Digi

Thanks for popping over.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN 

12 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Glad it all went well.
Beautiful card - love the lilac shades
Lisa;)

jules said...

Hi Debs gorgeous card hun!!

ruth said...

What a beautiful card! I love that you created your own background with your gorgeous stamping. Perfect!

Thanks for taking the challenge this week at Frosted Designs!

Juls said...

gorgeous!!!! I just adore the mix of patterns in your background!! Hugs juls

Cheryl said...

oh wow hun this is just gorgoues,love the colurs you have used on this,so beautiful hugs cheryl xxxx

Claire x said...

What a pretty card, lovely colours. I think you need to start focusing on decorating the bedroom hun - don't leave it empty for too long. Hope you are well. Hugs, Claire x

Rachel Hope said...

So pretty! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Craftyanny said...

love how you did the background. It's very striking, a lovely card
Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
Anne x

Carol Ann said...

A very pretty card I love the backing paper you have created!
Thanks for playing along at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days.
Carol Ann xx

StephC said...

Beautiful! Love the sparkle you've added. So glad you joined us for this weeks CIC!

seedlings mum said...

lovely card, and thanks for joining in our challenge.

Ronnie said...

Oh my this is such a pretty card! I love the flowers! Thank you for playing along with Cupcake Inspirations this week!