Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 13 February 2011

Pretty in Pink

Good morning. Well what a damp miserable start to the day it is here in Gloucestershire. John & I had planned our weekend 4 mile walk later so unless it brightens up I guess we will not be doing that - so I wonder what else I could do instead lol!!!
Today I would like to share a card I made yesterday that I really enjoyed making (not that I don't enjoy making all the cards I make but somehow I enjoyed making this one even more!) 

I started by inking a piece of cardstock with Spun Sugar & Dusty Concorde Distress Inks and then spritzed with Pearl Glimmer Mist before stamping Penny Black Letter Background 1999L with Dusty Concorde to make the background.
Then I stamped Penny Black Firework 3948K 3 times along a smaller square piece of cardstock and clear embossed before adding some Spun Sugar Distress Ink to the edges.
This also used:
Martha Stewart Doily border punch
Crushed Silk Ribbon
Grosgain Ribbon
Bakers Twine
Button & Heart Gem
Sentiment - Papermania 

Challenges that inspired me for this card are:
Penny Black Staurday Challenge - Pretty in Pink 
Clean & Simple - Sketch
Secret Crafter - Stamped Flowers
Daring Cardmakers - Recipe (2 ribbon, twine, trim 1 or more buttons, at least 1 heart element) They have a fab prize up for grabs this week from their sponsor The Ribbon Reel

Hope you like it.
Thanks for popping over.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN 

19 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

Beautiful Debs - i love that stamp and the ribbon is so pretty
Lisa ;)

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, Beautiful card! I know what you mean about enjoying making some cards more than others. Like you I love making all my cards but some are just that little bit more enjoyable :-)

Lisa x

Faye said...

I think it's absolutely lovely. xxx

Kathy said...

Debs, this is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week, and Good Luck for our prize draw

Loopylou. said...

oh debs that is gorgeous hun, so gentle and pretty love it hugs Lou xxx

Whisper said...

Wow this is stunning, Luv Sam x

Amanda said...

You are right, it is prety in pink...very pretty!

Lynda said...

Stunning card Debs - thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Lythan said...

What an adorable card Debs. I lvoe that button and heart gem. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week :)

downrightcrafty said...

gorgeous stamped flower and beautiful creation thank you for sharing it with us at the SCSC this week
Hugs Kate xx

Tracey T said...

This is so pretty and very stylish. Tracey x

Claire x said...

What a card! Simply gorgeous - love the pinks and the image is really striking. It's pouring with rain here too, so shame you can't do your walk - never mind that means only one thing ..... craft girl! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Hugs, Claire x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Debs, love it.
luv
Debby

Beth said...

Oh wow this is so pretty! I love the background you've made and the image is beautiful! Thanks for joining in with this weeks PBSC!

Love Beth xx

Christa said...

Hi Debs , what a lovely and soft card this is ! Beautiful in pink. I like the text-background. Love from Holland , Christa.

Emma said...

Such a beautiful card Debs and so pretty.
Hugs Emma x

Pops x said...

Absolutely gorgeous Sweetie biggest of hugs love Pops x x x

Juls said...

so so stunning!!! I am loving the black and pink together!! Hugs Juls

kath said...

beautiful card debs...love the script background.........thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday....hugs kath xxx