Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 17 February 2011

Just One Layer

Good afternoon. Firstly I would like to thank everyone that left me encouraging words yesterday regarding the absence of my Mr Mojo - I really do appreciate your support and kindness - thanks.
Secondly I would like to thank Chrissie and Mandi for inspiring me (and many others) to find a new style that I am totally loving - Less is More through their wonderful new challenge blog.
So the card I have to share with you today is for the current theme at Less is More which is One Layer with either a Flower or a Tree.

To make this card I started by creating a masking template with 4 squares die cut so that I could ink through it with 3 shades of Pink Distress Inks - Spun Sugar, Victorian Velvet and Worn Lipstick.
Then I stamped the Hero Arts flower image in various positions within the inked square - keeping the mask in place and finally I took the plunge to go freehand round the inked square with a Fineliner - purposely not making the lines straight for a more 'rustic' feel.
The sentiment is from Papermania and has been stamped direct to the card base.
Now I hope it's ok for a few adhesive gems to be added and still keep to the one layer theme.
A touch of Stickles to highlight the flower centres and that's it done.
I really loved creating this.

I would also like to enter this into the Clean & Simple challenge at Totally Papercrafts this week
Hope you are having a fabulous day.
TTFN

 

21 comments:

Chrissie said...

Well if you enjoyed making it, I really enjoy looking at it!
Thank you SO much for your kind words about our blog, we are delighted that it is being SO well received! I'm sure that this card will attract a lot of interest, it's great!
I actually have this stamp but hadn't thought to use it in this inventive way!
Thanks for joining us and I hope you'll be back on Saturday for another C&S challenge!
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Debgem said...

This is absolutely wonderful. I really like the softly sponged squares. And that flower stamp is gorgeous - nice to see you change its direction in each square. Fabulous!!

Mags said...

Fabulous card! At first I thought you'd used a set of framed stamps - but no, all those pretty images come from one stamp! Very effective, and very pretty!

luv, Mags x

Margaret de Witt said...

I love the colours of this card Debbie but most of all I love how you freehanded the frames around each square. It really adds a of feel of whimsy to the card.

Rachel x said...

Hi :) This is gorgeous- I love the pinks and your variation on the masking technique!! :)
hugs, Rachel x

Juls said...

gorgeous!!! Love the pink and white!! the C&S layout...I adore the touches of sparkle in the centre of the flowers and the pearls are the most perfect finishing touch!!! Hugs Juls

Mandi said...

So glad you enjoyed making your card for our challenge. Its beautiful
Love the daisies!

Thanks for joining us, really hope you do every week

mandi
"Less is More"

Claire x said...

Now I am lovin' this card - so simple, but so stunning - colours are gorgeous - love it, love it, love it! Hugs, Claire x

martina's kaartjes said...

WOW !!! what a fantastic card !!!! I'm a fan !!! superb, thanks for sharing, love the idea ! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Suzi B said...

Gorgeous1 love the three shades of pink
Sue x

Lisa Jane said...

what a fabulous card - i love it
So pretty
Lisa ;)

Lynne said...

This is lovely. I love all the different shades of pink and the variation of the flower.
Lynne xxx

TAM said...

Fabulous card - have done this style of layout with pieces mounted on a card before but would never have thought of making a template and inking directly onto the card itself and overstamping the images. Very imaginitive and very impressive - I love it

Maja said...

Gorgeous card!

Suze Bain said...

A lovely card. The colours are gorgeous and the positioning of the flowers is fab.

Susan said...

Love the touch of stickles in the center of the flowers! LOVE the design of this card!

joey said...

Hiya Debs

stunning card and I love thelayout and colours n those squares, thanks for joining us at tpc

Joey x

Jules said...

Hi Debs

A glorious make.

If Mr Mojo has been on holiday I think he is certainly back .. .. though I don't think he was very far away anyway. You always make such beautiful cards.

Love Jules xx

Aileen said...

I love how your eye dances round your card and your outline for the boxes is perfect. x

cardz said...

Very cute card; the layout, colours and sentiment tie together perfectly.

Heather T

cardz said...

Very cute card; the layout, colours and sentiment tie together perfectly.

Heather T