Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 12 February 2011

Getting Sentimental at Allsorts

Good morning. I'm having a lazy start to the day and I typing this whilst still in bed lol!!! Actually the real reason I'm still in bed is because I can't get access to the lounge this morning as we had some of the lounge floor re-varnished yesterday and we have to let it dry - so I'm 'housed' up in my bedroom for now.
We had so many LOVEly entries to my LOVE challenge at Allsorts last week - it was sooooooooooo difficult to pick a Top5 so I went for a Top10 instead - don't foget to pop over and see if 1 of them was you.
This week the lovely Brenda wants us to get
SENTIMENTAL
with the theme
ALL ABOUT THE SENTIMENT
Here's my take on it:
I have used a gorgeous verse about Butterflies - from The Crafty Pad - available here
I started with a piece of white cardstock and inked it with Weathered Wood and Spun Sugar Distress Inks then spritzed it with Pearl Glimmer Mist before stamping the sentiment with Black Archival Ink and embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.
I cut a 5.75" square swirl background using my Cricut to create the background and tied some crushed silk ribbon from the Ribbon Girl round the centre and then added the sentiment panel.
A few Martha Stewart punched butterflies were adeded with some adhesive pearls just to finish it off.

Hope you like it.

Thanks for popping over.
Have a fabulous day.
TTFN

6 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

WHATA BEAUTIFUL CARD - THE BACKGROUND IS SUPERB
Lisa ;)

CraftyC said...

What a beautiful card Debs. A lovely verse and pretty colours
Clairexx

liza said...

oh debs,its stunning iso love the background it is fabulous
love n hugs
liza
xox

Claire x said...

Stunning card Debs, love the colours you have chosen too. Hope your floor has now dried and you are having a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Von said...

Just love the look of this card :)

Juls said...

beautiful!!! I am loving the glimmer!!! Hugs Juls