Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 19 February 2011

Be Inspired by Nature

Good morning. Well it's a very wet start to the day here in Gloucestershire - both inside and out!! Why inside I hear you cry - no it's not a leak - well only from my eyes as today is both an exciting but very sad day because my middle son Aaron and his girlfriend Kerry are moving out and into their first New Home!! Other than a 6 month period when at 17 years old Aaron thought he would prefer to stay in Leeds when we relocated to Gloucestershire (he later told me it was the worst 6 months of his life) Aaron has always been with me (he will be 26 next) so I am feeling mixed emotions today - excited for him for his first New Home and sad for me as I will miss him desperately.
Anyways as it is Saturday that means it's time for a new challenge at Allsorts and this week the very talented Fleur has asked to be
Inspired by Nature
Some of the DT have been lucky enough to play with some Christine Dark images
 (Christine is our GDT for this month)
Here is my take on this week's theme.

I decided to keep my card simple and let the gorgeous image (Valentine Roses)  take centre stage.
One of the best advantages of working with digi images is that you can resize them to whatever size you want and I decided to go large with this one so that it almost fills the card.
The only other embellishment I added are the card candy - and it took almost as long to add them as it did to complete the rest of the card lol!! but I think they just frame the image lovely - what do you think?

Challenges I would like to enter are:

Fabulous Friday - No Patterned Paper
Simply Create - Bold & Bright
Totally Papercrafts - Use a Digi
Creative Craft World - Use a Square

Hope you can find some time to join us this week.
Thanks for popping over.
Have a wonderful day.
I'm off to dry my eyes now and help with the move.
TTFN 

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, Beautiful card! Wishing your son and his girlfriend lots of happiness in their new home. Hope you are not too upset today.

Lisa x

Vicky said...

Hi sweetie totally gorgeous card love the image. My eldest is 20 & I'm dreading it when he moves out I will need a bucket to catch all my tears :0( Dont you wish your kids could just stay little!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Mummylade said...

this is gorgeous! Love the new blog layout btw =)

Lisa Jane said...

Hope your sons move goes well and they are happy in their new home
Beautiful flowers
Lisa x

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card - I love the way you've coloured this image and the card candy border looks wonderful - what a great idea. I love the stuff, but as you say, it's a bit of a pain to stick on - it must have taken ages to do this border and to make it look so perfectly neat!

Jules said...

Hi Debs

I hope today goes OK .. .. never easy when they start to fly the nest.

Just take comfort in knowing that he is starting off on his own exciting adventure.

They will soon be back for a good meal .. .. and have they got a washing machine yet!?!?!?!?!?

I hope they aren't moving too far away.

Chin up chicken!!

Love Jules xx

p.s. Beautiful card by the way!! Nearly forgot to mention that.

Claire x said...

Fabulous card Debs, lovely image and the card candy sets it off a treat! I hope the move for Aaron & his girlfriend goes well - I'm sure you will be able to visit often. Big hugs hun, Claire xxx

Fleur said...

A gorgeous card Debs, I can't get my head round the fact your children are grown up ~ maybe it's because I had Mac quite late on. I hope they are very happy together!
Be brave, I know I won't when it comes to it LOL
Big HUGZ Fleur xXx

Chris said...

Such a beautiful card Debs and such wonderful colouring of the image, I love how you made it the focus of the card, really wonderful. Hugs, Chris :)

Francesca said...

A lovely card Debs ,Hope your son and his girlfriend are happy in thier new home

Hugs
Francesca

Juls said...

stunning!!!! Loving the touches of red! Hugs juls

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Debs what a beautiful card the colours, design and that image look super.
Hugs
Lorraine x