Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 29 January 2011

Time to Recycle at Allsorts

Good morning. What a long week this week has been don't ya think? But at last it is the weekend - hurrah!!!
This week over at Allsorts the lovely Helene has challenged us to
SAVE NATURE & RECYCLE IT
and we have an exciting new sponsor:
John & I received a M&S Gift Card from some friends at Christmas and I knew that I wanted to keep the Gift Card holder to re-use at a later date so I thought it would be perfect for this challenge! 
Before recycling:
After recycling:

So here's what I used:
M&S Gift Card holder - covered in DP's from stash - not sure what make - sorry.
Image - PB Betsy Bluebell  ref:30-053 coloured with Letraset Aquamarkers - I love how these blend so easily and really do give the water-coloured effect
Wild Orchid Flowers
American Crafts pearl brads
Spellbinders Lacey Circles
 Sentiment - Creative Expressions & Hero Arts (To: & From: on reverse)
Heart Gem from stash 
So that's what I did - hope you can join in the fun with us this week.
Before I go I would like to say a huge thank you to my lovely blogging buddy Claire for giving me this stylish blog award:
Now I'm not very good with these especially as I'm supposed to tell you 8 things about myself - I can't promise they will be interesting - but here goes (oh and I hope I haven't told you them already lol!!!)
  1. I have to have the sound on the T.V, radio or C.D player on an even number
  2.  I definitely have a touch of OCD - I have to have things straight and organised - and perfectly aligned!!!
  3. I once appeared on The Wheel of Fortune (I might have shared that one with you before - sorry)
  4. I only took up papercrafting 3 years ago -when I stopped smoking and I'm more addicted to it than I was to smoking lol!!!
  5. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister and we were all brought up by my dad
  6. I was married, had two children and divorced by the age of 25
  7. I met my soul mate when I was 30 - and married 4 years later this year will be our14th anniversary
  8. I live for my family and love to be the mother hen - I think that must be the Jewish on me lol!!!
 So not very interesting 8 random things - but that's me. Now I'm supposed to pass this on to 5 other peeps but I just can't pick between all my lovely friends - so anyone who would like to have this and share 8 random facts about themselves (hopefully more interesting than mine!!!) can take it with pleasure - just let me know if you do so I can pop by and see what you share with us!

Will be back tomorrow with my share for Get Funky and Anice will be launching the fabulous new CD - Craft the Year Away on Create & Craft at 10am but you can see a preview demo here now.
Thanks for popping by.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN 

6 comments:

Mummylade said...

I just love that idea

Claire x said...

I love the way you have recycled this - very clever and it looks stunning. I think the week has flown, but then I only did a three day week this week and have such a long weekend LOL. Enjoy yours. Hugs, Claire x

Chrissy said...

Awesome idea, and it came out really nice.
I found you very interesting by the way, Fancy the volume on an even number, never heard of that,I suppose we all have our little quirks.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Fleur said...

Fantastic idea Debs, Have a great weekend
Hugz fleur xXx

Lisa Jane said...

Fabulous idea - love the recycling
Lisa ;)

Pops x said...

Hi sweetie, this is gorgeous, love the colours you have picked, really sweet hugs pops x x x