Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, 6 January 2011

Going Round in Circles

Good morning. Today I would like to share a card I have made for a friend's birthday. I decided to have a go at making a circular card.

I was a very lucky lady to receive a Cricut Expression for Christmas from my DH and I used it to cut the scalloped circles - the base one is 6" and the middle layer one is 4" with a plain 5" circle in between.
I cut 2 of the 6" scalloped circles and scored and glued them together at the top to create the basecard.
The gorgeous new Penny Black image has been stamped and layered onto a lacey edge circle cut using my nesties.
Image coloured with PM's and a touch of Glossy Accents added to the balloons.
To finish it off - a few Wild Orchid Crafts roses and some adhesive pearls form Hobby House Crafts.
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards

I am quite pleased with how this turned out - and no Designer Paper in sight lol!!!
I will make some of these for sure - watch this space!

Challenges I would like to enter are:
PaperPlay Challenge - Clean and Simple
Fab N Funky - Anything Goes
Creative Cottage - Something New
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz - Birthdays & Celebrations

Yesterday I decided to purchase some wool and knitting needles so I could have a go at making something special for each of my forthcoming Grandchildren - now that sounds weird typing that lol!!!
Watch this space for the finished articles.

Thanks for popping over.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

16 comments:

Vicky said...

Ooooh fabulous card hun I love the shape it looks awesome. Loving your fabby image as well. You will have to post piccies of your knitted thingys so we can see how cute they are....awww I bet you cant wait sweetie.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Lisa Jane said...

love those scalloped circles and the gorgeous pink and brown colour combo
Lisa ;)

heidy said...

Wow this is gorgeous,thanks for joining fab'n'funky this week
Heidy

corinne said...

very nice ! thank you for joining us on craftyourpassion's challenge blog. Good luck !

Deirdre said...

Debs, adore your shaped card - so fun. Bet your friend will love it too.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week and Happy New Year to you and yours. ♥

Juls said...

love the colours the shape and the gorgeous roses!!! Hugs Juls

Claire x said...

WOW Debs, I love this and it looks fab even though there is not a sheet of DP in sight LOL! Great colours which work so well with the image. Can't wait to see more of these. Hugs, Claire x

Pops x said...

Gorgeous card sweetie, i love this, love the colours you have chosen too,big hugs love Pops x x x

Christa said...

So you are a lucky lady !!!! A cricut.....fabulous. It gives you so many more possibilities. This card looks great. Love from Holland , Christa.

coldwaters2 said...

Awesome card Debs love that image and the card shape and colours look amazing.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Rebekah said...

Oo fab work Deb I find circle cards so hard! Thanks for joining us at the creative cottage hugs Rebekah xx

Cheryl said...

oh just gorgoues hun love the shape of this,too,hugs cheryl xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so cute Debs, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

craftybunny said...

Fab shaped card.Sweet image and lov eht colour combo - one of my faves.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Ginny said...

too cute, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

Leah the Orange said...

she's too cute! love the colours you've used, and this makes a fabby shaped card! the repeating rosettes are a nice touch! thanks for sharing your card with the Charisma Gals this week! :D