Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 18 December 2010

Anything Goes at Allsorts

Good morning. Well we have now got some snow here this morning - not much but apparently a lot more is on it's way!! Hope you are all keeping safe & warm where you are.
Before I tell you about this week's challenge at Allsorts I would like to say a massive thank you for all the wonderful projects we had last week - so many of you are just like me and still making
Last Minute Christmas cards, gifts, tags etc!!! Next year I would like to think I could be more organised but I don't think I will be really!!!
So this week we have a new challenge as picked by the lovely Brenda and we keeping simple so
ANYTHING GOES
you decide what you would like to do!!

I had a request from a friend to make a retirement card for her son's teacher and this is what I came up with:

Now I don't know why but the cardstock I used is a lovely deep burgandy colour but here it looks brown????!!!!
Anyways I have used a long forgotten stamp from Creative Expressions stamped and then coloured with PM's. The edges of the card have been inked with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and then mat & layered onto cardstock that has been PATP with Martha Stewart scroll lace punch and the edges of this also inked.
Finally layered onto the deep rich burgandy coloured cardstock and a few adhesive pearls in each corner.
The sentiment is from a digi set of retirement sentiments from Whimsy Stamps

Here's a view from another angle that shows the colour of the cardstock a little bit better!!
Hope you find a bit of time in your last minute preparations for the BIG DAY to join in the fun - oh and this time the challenge runs for 2 weeks!!
Thanks for popping over.
TTFN

11 comments:

debby4000 said...

Love your gorgeous card.
luv
Debby

Chrissy said...

Last photo was a good one . Lovely card.Can really see the color.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Jules said...

Hi Debs

What a beautiful card.

Love your colour choices and the distressed punched border.

Hope all your Christmas preparations are going to plan.

Love Jules xx

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card - love the flowers and the punched edging .. so pretty
I failed miserably with all my Christmas cards and have promised to make one a week next year .. but i'm not to good at keeping to my crafting promises.. last year i said i wouldn't buy anymore stash.. i think that lasted a week!!
Lisa ;)

brenda said...

Hi Debs

I love your creation, I think these were the stamps I saw previewed the other day and rather liking the look fo that rose.

Thank you so much for making such a lovely creation for me theme week.

B x

Mummylade said...

this is just lovely, and the punched border is such a nice effect

Claire x said...

This is such a gorgeous card Debs. Hugs, Claire x

Fleur said...

Hi Debs, this is perfect for a retirement card, the image is lovely.
Have a great week
Hugz Fleur xXx

Juls said...

OH MY WORD WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just so so utterly gorgeous and stylish..I LOVE it!!!!!! Hugs Juls

Tracy said...

This is gorgeous debs. Thank you for my xmas card, your more organised than I am this year.
Happy christmas
Tracy x

Basslady said...

your card is a real eye-candy!

many christmas-hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo