Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 21 November 2010

Another Gift for Christmas

Good morning. Well DH wasn't very happy when he came home from Wincanton yesterday (he went for a 'special' karate training session as he is grading for his black belt next month) - all that way and the trainer was late arriving but they still had to finish at the alloted time as another group had the hall booked - so he felt he had been diddled out of 1/2hr training and he 'missed' his usual Saturday afternoon snooze!!
I spent the morning in my little crafty haven and used the time to make another Christmas gift for someone, this time using the fab sketch at Penny Black Staurday this week (I missed the challenge last week so thought I better get in early this week). I decided to make an easel style desk calendar.


I bought these little calendars in Hobbycraft ages ago and when I tidied my craft room last week I found them - hurrrahhh!!

This also used:
Penny Black images from 'Wonderful Day' coloured with PM's
Images stamped direct onto mat cut using Spellbinders lacy squares and edges inked with Peeled Paint DI
DP's are the last few pages of my Basic Grey 'Sugar Rush' pad - edges inked with Peeled Paint DI
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Frond - Martha Stewart punch
Butterfly - Martha Stewart punch
A few adhesive gems from stash for finishing touch


Other challenges I would like to enter are:
Basic Grey - Wings (and BG product)
Secret Crafter - Handmade Christmas Gifts

What a fab night of TV last night - the dancing was a-maz-ing, 'most' of the singing was super and how patient was Sheryl Gascoigne with that dreadful woman - even the presenters know what a 'fraud' she is really - why are people still voting for her to have more airtime - that is exactly what she wants!!!
Let's hope the results for the dancing & X Factor reflect the true talent and the right people go.

Hope you have a fab day.
TTFN

18 comments:

Cheryl said...

oh debs hun I too have some of these and just love what you have made,such a great stamp and wonderful detail hugs cheryl xxxx

Liz, said...

Hiya, brilliant idea to make a calendar. Might just have to pinch it! Fab colouring and great image. Love it!

Thanks for joining in at Penny Black Saturady this week.

Liz x

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card/calendar - great idea.. i might have to make some of these lol
Lisa ;)

joey said...

Debs this is gorgeous! I love the calender idea. Thanks for joining us at pbsc
Joey.x

martina's kaartjes said...

this is stunning crafting !!! great job,
greetings, martina
x

Vicky said...

Hi hun this is fabulous I love the calender they are an awesome idea I might eventually get round to doing 1....its my memory's fault I keep forgetting to look at my 'To Do' list!!! LOL Love the image & the colours. Shame about your hubby feeling diddled out of training time.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Claire x said...

This is a super idea Debs, I love the PB image and the colours are perfect for all year round. Amazing! Hugs, Claire x

Berni said...

What a lovely idea! That image is so cute

Berni x

{Jane} said...

Fabulous gift

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Debs,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Christa said...

What a great card / calendar. I love that stamp ; so lovely ! Love from Holland , Christa.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so sweet Debs and gorgeous too.
luv
Debby

kath said...

gorgeous easel card debs...and thank you for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxx

Pauline C said...

Wow this is fabulous Debs - gorgoues colorus and brilliant calendar (theya re so useful too ... I amde one last December and it has stood on my desk all yeaer :-) 0 Thanks so much for entering this week's PBSC and love how you have used my sketch :-)
Pauline x

Rica said...

Gorgeous calendar easel card Debs. Beautiful use of the colours and papers and I just love the cute PB image.

So glad you could join us at Truly Scrumptious.
hugs Heather xx

downrightcrafty said...

Wow what a gorgeous creation thank you for sharing it with us at the SCSC this week
Hugs Kate xx

Juls said...

this is so cute! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Mel X said...

Such a beautiful creation.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck.

Mel X