Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 20 November 2010

An Allsorts Recipe

Good morning. A bit of a dull miserable start to the day here in Gloucestershire I really dislike these dreary mornings. This morning we were woken to little Pickle Lili cat playing with a mouse she caught and brought in - not the best start to the day eh?
Anyways it's Saturday so that means a new challenge over at Allsorts and this week the theme has been picked by the lovely Kirsten who would like to see Lace, Ribbon & a Charm  on your projects.
So I took this plain boring note book - that coast £1.00 in Tesco

and turned it into this


You will see I have used 1 of my new LOTV images - this one is called 'Best Friends'
I have coloured the delightful image with PM's and added a touch of Diamond Stickles round the edge of the mat.
The scrummy DP's I have had for quite a while and didn't want to cut into them - but as this is going to be a Christmas Gift for someone special I guess that was a good enough reason to use them now lol!!!

I have added a strip of ribbon with a gorgeous sparkly edge (from my local haberdashery) and a length of sparkly lace.
The chipboard letters are from a hugh scrapbook set I got from QVC years ago and I still have tons of it left! I added a touch of Diamond Stickles here to bring them to life.

I finished by adding a few srummy flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and the frond is from Martha Stewart punch.

Challenges I would like to enter are:
LOTV - Glitter & Glitz
Paper Romance - Favourite Things (LOTV images, PM's, stickles, ribbon)
Creative Cottage - For Someone Special
Paper Sundaes - Sundae Toppings (Punch, Ribbon & Blue)

Hope you can join us this week.
Don't forget to pop over and see all the lovely work from the rest of the DT.
TTFN

24 comments:

Mandy said...

Debs this is absolutely gorgeous hunny, the image is adorable and so beautifully coloured
hugs Mandy xx

Mummylade said...

gorgeous book!

martina's kaartjes said...

What a lovely present ! cute image,
greetings, martina
x

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, Wow this is gorgeous! I love the papers and such a sweet image.

Have a great weekend.

Lisa x

Ribbon Girl said...

love what you've done with the book Debs - I wouldn't fancy a mouse being brought in ...... Mary

Ribbon Girl said...

love what you've done with that plain book! Mary

Claire x said...

Firstly, thank you for my birthday pressie, I have emailed you separately and secondly, WOW what a transformation and I love it! Whoever the lucky recipient is, they will adore this. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Claire x

Nicola said...

Beautiful altered notebook Debs, love this image and your colouration. Your papers and lace are so pretty.
Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
Hugs,
Nicola -x-

Crystal said...

Wow, what a way to transform a notebook! So pretty & love the DP too! Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Christa said...

This is a wonderfull idea !! It looks great. Love from Holland , Christa.

coldwaters2 said...

Ooooo Debs I am rather in love with this altering from such a plain book to this beauty WOW, the image, papers I just LOVE it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lisa Jane said...

oh wow the notebook is completely transformed - its gorgeous
Lisa ;)

Vicky said...

Hi hun this notebook looks totally fabulous. I have 2 diaries that I brought that are just plain black but I've still not got around to decorating them.....I think I really need more than 24 hours in a day. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Loopylou. said...

awwww debs that is just so sweet and cute and awwwwwww, i love it!!! hugs Lou xxx

Riet said...

So beautiful Debs,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Jules said...

Oh wow Debs

I love this very, very, very much and agree that those papers are indeed super scrummy.

I don't think I would be able to cut into them either.

That will make one wonderful present .. .. you've got my address haven't you? LOL!!!

Love Jules xx

Julye said...

This is gorgeous and love the colours too, thanks for joining us at Penny's and good luck.

Kirsten said...

Hi Debs stunning just stunning such a good idea too hugs kisten...x

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

FABULOUS!! Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge! Hope to see you again real soon!

Suzie McFloozy said...

A lovely project x
Thanks for sharing it with us on The Creative cottage challenge blog x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

Ria said...

Ahh this is so lovely :) thanks for joining the Paper Romance Challenge this week.
hugs Ria

Courtney said...

Beautiful project! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's!!

Courtney~

Mary Duffek said...

Fun and sweet card! Fabulous job.

Juls said...

gorgeous! I love the soft vintage look! HUgs Juls