Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 11 July 2010

Dt Projects for today - Creative Inspirations and Anyone for Anya (GDT)

Good morning. This morning I would like to share my DT project for Creative Inspirations and my last GDT project for Anyone for Anya :(

This week at Creative Inspirations we were challenged to use the 'oldest thing in our stash' - Now if you are anything like me - you will have lots to choose from lol!!!
I decided it was time to make use of a couple of 'old' items - in particular some Prima Velvet Flocked border strips that I have had ages - they were originally 12" strips but for this project I cut them down - they are the ornate swirl designs on these notelets:


I also used some red flowers gems that I have also had since I started crafting nearly 2 year s ago - so their pretty old eh?
I didn't want to stop at making 4 notelets so I also used a Fancy Pants flourish stamp and some Craftwork Cards flowers to make another set of 4.


I have used a Greeting Card Folder template file from the Cutting Cafe
Some plain white and black cardstock.
Gingham ribbon from local craft shop.
Martha Stewart Double Loops border punch and Doily border punch.
Red satin ribon from stash.

This was a gift for a work colleague and has already been given and I am very pleased to say that she loved it!!!
I really enjoyed making this and I feel a few of these will be made for pressies this Christmas lol!!

I would like to enter this challenge:
Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C45) - Colour combo - Red, Black & White



We have a fab sponsor this week - Creations by Penny  and 1 lucky winner will be able to pick 5 designs of their choice.

It would be great if you could join us this week and you never know you just might 'find' a little treasure that you had completely forgotten about in the process.

My next project is my last one as GDT for Anyone for Anya and this week the theme is Pink, Black & White.

I have used a gorgeous Miss Anya coloured with PM's
I have added a touch of Glossy Accents to her umberella and her buttons.
I also tried a little technique I saw on someone's blog and have completely forgotten who's - sorry!! where you randomly 'dot' matching colours of PM's around the image - I have added mine to the bottom of the image to look a little like a path lol!!! Not sure if it has worked - but I had fun doing it!
The piece of DP behind the matted image is from Nitwits.
This also used:
Marbled Pink and plain black cardstock.
Martha Stewart Doily Border Punch.
Gorgeous Wild Orchid Large Rose
Black Fower from stash
Black adhesive pearls
Sentiment - Craftwork Cards

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Pixie Cottage - Sketch
Crafts and Me - Pink, Black & White
I hope you can join in the fun this week too.
Thanks for popping over.
Have a great day.
TTFN

16 comments:

Francesca said...

Hi debs , both your projects are wonderful ,the dotty technique is from chrissie's art and heart
Here
Hugs
Francesca

mckinkle said...

2 super makes Debs, that box set of notelets was just stunning!

Keryn x

StampOwl said...

fabulous cards

Claire x said...

WOW Debs, your creations just seem to get better and better! I love those notelets and the folder is fab - must take a look at how that is made - its just super - no wonder your colleague loved them, they look so professional and your Anya card is beautiful too. I've lost my mojo a bit over the last week and when I see makes like yours, wonder whether it will come back again! Hugs, Claire x

Cheryl said...

oh hun these card are both brilliant the coulrs the images,the detail wow hugs cheryl xxxxx

Pops x said...

Gorgeous hun i love the colours that you have used and the papers are fab too, big hugs Pops x x x

Katie said...

Two super projects!
Great use of our sketch and the dots are perfect!
Thanks for playing in The Pixie Cottage this week :)

gina g said...

Wow these are gorgeous, very stylish. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for this weeks challenge. luv gina xx

Cor* said...

All them punches, Anya card and notelets are great! I'm glad the recipient loved the gift! Elegant & tasteful with a touch of color!

Tracey said...

wow, your cards are all amazing! i just love the colors u used on the anya card! stunning! thanks for joining us at the Pixie Cottage this week!

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful creations Debs, love the box of notelets and sweet Anya card.
luv
Debby

Tanya Rudd said...

Just a fab take on this weeks sketch. Thank you for playing with The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Cheryl said...

only silly me back again hun,
bless you for playing at the pixie cottage this week,hope too see you again soon,love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Kristie said...

Your black and white cards are beautiful! I love your Anya card, she's so pretty and I love the little 'dot' touch, what a neat technique.

SusieLou said...

The notelets and folder are absolutely stunning and I love the style of them. The receipient is going to love them! Anya looks fab too - love the layout and colours. Susie x

Beautiful Greetings said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the notelets and the Anya card. I love Anya and you have colored her beautifully. Thanks for playing with the Pixie Cottage this week :)