Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Vintage Fairy

Good afternoon. Today I would like to share my card I have made for the following challenges:

LOTV - Fab sketch
Crafty Creations - Use your favourite Stamp


I started by running a piece of linen effect textured cardstock through my Bigshot with the Flourish Impressabilities from Spellbinders. I left the Impressability on the cardstock and spritzed with Cosmic Shimmer Golden Mint Mister and when it was dry I inked all over with Dusty Concrde distress ink - this created my bottom piece of DP. The top piece was created by inking direct to paper with Dusty Concorde and Peeled Paint onto some more linen effect textured cardstock and spritzing with Pearl Glimmer Mist then I stamped over with Penny Black French Script with Dusty Concorde distress ink.
I dsitressed the edges with my scissors - I have a Tim Holtz distressing tool but I don't get on with it lol!!!
Image is Fairies Bouquet from LOTV and is 'one' of my favoutite stamps (at the moment lol!!!!) - stamped with Archival Black and coloured with distress inks.
Flowers punched from scraps of top DP
A few adhesive pearls from Hobby House
Sentiment - Craftworks Cards - inked with Dusty Concorde & Peeled Paint.

Thought I would also share a couple of photos of how my lounge looked this morning......



All empty and ready for a make over!

Will hopefully be able to post photos of completed flooring at the end of the week....... watch this space lol!!!

Just settling down (upstairs) to watch QVC.
Have a wonderful afternoon.
Thanks for popping over.
TTFN

15 comments:

Juls said...

your card is so very gorgeous!! I love it! Hugs Juls

Claire x said...

Gorgeous card Debs and just love what you've done to make the designer DP! Lounge looking nice and empty ... look forward to seeing the new floor when complete. Hugs, Claire x

Cheryl said...

oh wow love the living room hun,and as for your card wow stunning as ever love the colur combo too hugs cheyrl xxxx

Beth said...

This is such a pretty card! Gorgeous image too!

Love Beth xx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Debs, the image is so sweet and the papers you've made is lush.
Your lounge looks lovely and mahoosive hun, then again most rooms do when empty lol.
Looking forward to seeing your new floor, hope the process isn't too stressful for you
hugs Mandy xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Debs this card really works for me the papers your technique, combined with that beautiful image is just wonderful

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jules said...

Hi Debs - sounds all go at your end .. .. and now you are settling down to watch QVC!!! Where am I going wrong?!?!?!?

That looks a lovely open space for "making over". Will it become your craft room when it is finished? LOL!!

Great card by the way Debs. The background looks really textured.

Love Jules xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Debs, beautiful cute image and fab colours.
luv
Debby

shelly said...

oh i love those lotv fairies.. and i love your card. thank you for sharing in my challenge at craftycreations xxshelly

Dora said...

Awww this card is awesome, I love that linen effect textured cardstock, it looks awesome xx

brenda said...

Hi Debs

Just a quick visit to catch up on what you have been up to, still need to get back into the groove properly after the wedding holiday so will be back.

B x

Leann said...

So beautiful!
Thanks for joining us over at CCT this week :D
Hugs x

Eiglas said...

Your usual beautiful work Debs!
You have a real talent for colour, whethere it's colouring in or putting colour pallettes together - it's always stunning.
Hugs,
Ei
x

Pops x said...

I love the image that you have chosen, a great job with Bev's sketch, thanks for joining us at Lilli of the Valley this time, big hugs Pops x

Daisychain said...

A beautiful card, love the papers you have made and the image you have used. A great take on our sketch this week. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this time. Hugs Christine x