Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 22 June 2010

Summer Holiday Colours

Good  morning. Thanks to everyone for all their best wishes for our news yesterday - Jack and his best friend were really happy when I gave him the news after school - it was a pleasure to see the look on their faces and hear their squeals of delight lol!!!

So onto my card that I would like to share with you today. These colours always remind me of summer holidays - I think it must be the blue sky & yellow sands image that keeps popping into my head when I see the colours together!!! Either that or I am firmly in countdown mode for my own holiday lol!!!

I made this card for my niece - who has just passed her driving test after the fourth attempt - I think! But also just to say hello as she is going through a bad time at the moment - but I will spare you the details.
The gorgeous fairy image is by Jenni (aka Cardmad Fairy) and is available here
I have coloured her in with PM's - I added a touch of Glossy Accents to her wings before sprinkling with Glamour Dust to give them a 3d effect.
This also used:
DP's - Pink Petticoat
QuicKutz QuickStripz for the PATP mats (this is my something old as found these tucked away in a drawer - they were one of the first craft items I bought when I got my MM Slice for xmas 3 years ago this year!!!!) as they are self adhesive - so perfect for cutting & sticking intricate shapes/designs)
Flowers - Xcut retro flower punch medium & small
Adhesive Pearls - Hobby House
Ribbon & Flower brads from stash
Sentiment - Computer generated.

Challenges I would like to enter this into are:

Stampin' for the Weekend - Sketch and Colour Combo
Stamp Something - Summer Something
Paperplay Challenges - Something Old
MAWTT - Also a Sketch
Crafts & Me - Family & Friends

Before I go I would like to let you know about another new challenge blog that is starting on the 1st of July



It has been set up by the totally talented Susie from Die Cut Dreams
Why not pop over there today and check it out - you know you want to!

Thanks for popping over.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

17 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card - the lemon and blue is so pretty.Your niece will love it.
Thanks for using using the sketch at MAWTT - hope to see you next week for our first birthday celebrations
Lisa ;)

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is brilliant, I love the colours they are very summery. Thanks for joining in with uson MAWTT this week, Hazelxoxo

Claire x said...

Gorgeous card with very summery colours! If you're like me, I'm on countdown to those summer hols! LOL. Enjoy the sunshine and have a great day! Hugs, Claire x

My Creative Outlet by Janna said...

Very pretty card...I just love that color combination! Perfectly summery! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

Janna :)

Cor* said...

These colors are gorgeous! I'm sure she'll love the card. That sentiment is too cute. Fits perfectly.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Debs this is gorgeous what beautiful soft colours and I just adore that image a very beautifully designed card.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Brenda Brown said...

Lovely card Debs and yes I agree with you about the colours very summery. Hope you enjoy your holiday when it comes. Thanks for having fun with us at MAWTT this week.
Take care. Luv Brenda xxx

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! great image! and I love the glittery wings! Hugs Juls

Vicki said...

Lovely card Deb, I really like this fairy image, hope everything works out ok for your niece.

Hugs
Vicki x

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Debs, I love that image (I love faries lol) & the soft colours are perfect :)

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Jules said...

Hi Debs

Gorgeous - such beautiful colours .. .. very much blue skies and sand.

I am sure your niece will love it.

Many congratulations on your good news regarding Jack's school. You must all be so relieved.

Love Jules xx

gina g said...

Gorgeous card Debs, love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for this weeks challenge. luv gina xx

Mags said...

That is such a pretty card! I love yellow and blue!

I'm so glad your appeal succeeded: it's such a worrying time, when you think how important school is for your children's future. Congratulations!

Deirdre said...

Beautiful card, lovely sentiment.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

shellshearer said...

Gorgeous, really love your choice of colours Thank you for joining us at MAWTT this week Good Luck
hugs shell xx

Julie M said...

Lovely card, Debs - I hope it cheers up your niece - and well done to her for passing her test.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

Annika said...

Oh this is simply gorgeous hun..love your take on sketch. Such a gorgeous image and colouring!
Thanks for joining us this week at SFTW, good luck!
Hugs
Annika