Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, 4 May 2010

Simply 'Simplicity'


Good morning - what a glorious sunny morning it is here in Gloucestershire - hope the sun is shining wherever you are too.
This week at Penny Black Saturday Challenge  the theme is 'punch it out' and as I received this gorgeous new Martha Stewart Butterfly border punch from my middle son & his girlfriend for  my birthday I thought it would be rude not to use it for the challenge.


As the post title suggests I have used Penny Black Simplicity stamped in Archival Black and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer clear and also kept the layout and embellishments 'simple'. I created the background with Alcohol Inks - I think I used Raisin and Mushroom and a touch of Gold Mixative.
Border punches - Martha Stewart Butterfly and Doily
Butterflies - Martha Stewart
A 'few' adhesive pearls - Simples!!!

Thanks for popping over.
Have a wonderful day.
TTFN

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh love this Deb, I've just bought some of the Tim Holzt distressing inks to do backgrounds with, I just love the effect and the punch of course is lush! ;)

Hugs
Vicki x

Tonje said...

Lovely card! I like the background too, and the butterflypunch is really sweet and you used it well to create a cute card!

kath said...

beautiful card deb......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxxx

Juls said...

fab!! Love all the butterflies! Hugs Juls

tracy said...

very pretty,

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Debs, love the butterflies and your background is gorgeous
hugs Mandy xx

Beth said...

Beautiful card! The image is lovely and it's great how you've used both the positive and negative of the punch!

Love Beth xx