Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Allsorts DT project - Petals & Pearls


Good  morning. Thank you to everyone that took on my no Design Paper challenge last week at Allsorts, as always we had some fabulous entries that were truly inspiring. Pop over to the Allsorts blog to see who was the lucky winner of the Digistamp Boutique shopping spree, and who made TOP5.

This week Brenda gave us the theme of Petals & Pearls and I immediately knew I wanted to use this gorgeous image. I also wanted to carry on with making my own backing papers - this time using glossy cardstock and 3 alcohol ink colours - if you haven't tried this technique yet I highly recommend it as it really is so simple - just dot & dab and the results are stunning and unique. 



I have added a few Martha Stewart punched butterflies, some gorgeous sheer spotty ribbon a rose bud stem from Wild Orchid Crafts and a spray of pearls. I have also added quite a few teeny weeny pearls to the flowers and the butterflies, now I wouldn't normally be quite so extravagant with the number of pearls that I have used here - but as these were only £1 for 100 and I ordered the wrong size for some wedding stationery I'm doing I thought what the heck lol!!! So just as a bit of fun - the first person to leave a comment and tell me how many pearls I have used (not counting the spray of pearls in the ribbon) will receive a small prize (yet to be decided).

Hope you find the time to join us this week with your wonderful Petals & Pearls projects.

Thanks for popping over.
Have a wondeful day.
TTFN

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, Gorgeous card! Such a pretty image and I love the inked background.

Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Lisa x

Cheryl said...

oh debs this is just gorjus perfect image to add those gorjus pearls too,hugs cheyrl xxx

Mummylade said...

I love the backing paper!!

brenda said...

Morning Debs

Love this SK image as well. And great background.

B x

Fleur said...

Hi debs, this is sooo pretty.
Hugz fleur xXx

Juls said...

Love this image!! beautiful colouring, and I love the polka dot ribbon! Hugs Juls

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Debs, so pretty, love the image and the colours you've used and not forgetting the 38 pearls lol
hugs Mandy xx