Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 13 February 2010

You Caught My Heart

Good afternoon. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far.

I had real fun making this card today. Not a DP in sight - I started by colourising a piece of white cardstock with the direct to paper technique - using two different shades of red inks and then overstamped this with Creative Expressions text backgroung stamp in black ink. The top half of the card I used another Creative Expressions background stamp - Crackle Effect stamped with Perfect Medium and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Red EP. The bottom half of the card is a piece of red cardstock that has been run through the Bigshot with the Hearts embossing folder and then sanded to reveal the centre core. The cute Penny Black image has been coloured with Copics. The sentiment is Papermania cardstock stickers. I didn't have a red heart shaped button so I coloured a pink one with my Poppy PM.

I have made this for my hubby for Valentine's as his latest hobby is fishing - he's gone fishing this morning whilst I was making this!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

  1. Penny Black Saturday - Happy Valentine's
  2. ASFOS - Recipe
  3. Cupcake Craft - Red & White

Thanks for popping over.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

TTFN

14 comments:

Biscuitlid said...

oooh fab card - I lurve that you made the patterned papers yourself

Great to see you at Cupcake Craft this week
Hugs
Victoria
x

Cheryl said...

oh great card hun love how you have made your own paper love cheryl xxxxx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Debs, what a gorgeous card. Fab image and great papers. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Kath said...

such a sweet valentine card...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC....hugs kath xxxx

Donna said...

A perfect make for this weeks challenge, this lil hedgie is so sweet...thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Liza said...

Fabulous work Debs. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Jules said...

Hi Debs

What a fantastic valentine card - I am sure your hubby will love it!!

I love all your creative backing papers - and your embossed hearts look great.

I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day.

Love Jules xx

Dawny P said...

Oh this is just adorable. I love the image and colours you used and it's a fab take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us over at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx

Catherine said...

What a sweet sweet card ! Perfect for our challenge ! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! Smile from Catherine

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Debs. A very sweet card!
Clairexx

POPPET said...

Gorgeous i love the papers they go so well together and what a cutie of an image, hugs pops x

Pretty-In-Ink said...

I love the DP you created! very clever! such a cute card too and so beautifully coloured!

brenda said...

Hi Debs

Like all the interest and different elements on your card.

Hope you are OK.

B x

Fabiola said...

super mignonne bravo