Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, 21 February 2010

Something for Mum

Good morning. Before I show my project to you I would just like to say a big thank you to Kath for the wonderful inspiration. I saw that Kath had made a plaque like this at her demo she had recently - I wish I had been there in person - I saw it on Kath's blog and I knew straight away that I wanted to make one too.
So this is my entry for the Penny Black challenge this week - Pink, Green & Yellow
although my yellow looks more cream/lemon - so hope this counts!!!


I started by cutting the basic shapes from a cereal packet using my Nestie Labels and then spritzed them with Cosmic Shimmer Misters - Mallow Blush & Golden Mint and then used Distress Inks over the top and round the edges. The reverse has been covered with the plaid DP in Pink, Green & Lemon from the BG Sugar Rush collection. I stamped the Penny Black 3865K Gossamer flower stamp onto the Lemon & Green spotty DP from the BG Sugar Rush collection - embossed with clear and then cut out. The letters are Papermania cardstock stickers.

I would also like to enter this into the following challenges:
SCSC - 'Mother'
OSCC - 'Wall Hanging'
ASFOS- 'Spring Time'

Thanks for popping over.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend.
TTFN

15 comments:

Kath said...

wow debs..this is fabulous...love your colour combo and your Mum is going to cherish it forever...thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...hugs kath xxxx

brenda said...

Goodness me Debs, had to go back out and come in again, thought I had landed at the wrong place. Very smart new look.

Great haging creation and fabby colours. Nice to make somethin a bit different sometimes isnt it - good for the soul.

B x

AuniLeigh said...

Oh this is cute!

gina g said...

Beautiful Wall Hanging your will love it. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

Chrissie said...

Super project Debs.
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at OSCC with that super wall hanging, your mum will love it!
Chrissie

Mel X said...

This is a superb wall hanging, your mum'll love it. Great colours.

Thanks for joining us this week a the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

Annie said...

fabulous little hanging for your Mum, so pretty!
hugs, annie x

Nikki said...

Hi Debs what a fab wall hanging. Love the colours and I am sure your mum will love it.
Thanks for joining us this week at OSCC.
Nikki xx

3d電影 said...

盛年不再來,一日難再晨;及時當勉勵,歲月不待人 ..................................................

Debbie said...

Hi Debs can you please email me regarding your GDT spot when you have time. :) You can find my email addy over at The Crafty Pad. :)

Love this - your mum is going to adore it. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

sugar n spice said...

An adorable wall hanging, your Mum will love this. Thank you so much for joining us at OSCC this week.

Pretty-In-Ink said...

It's beautiful! I can't believe that it was made from a cereal packet!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

This looks great hun love the colours very spring like!

Rugby was sub zero lol......
Jack had a great time though ( and was adament that a large hot dog is the only thing that can keep you warm at the rugby!!) and you could see him on the tv! he looked like a tiny orange speck holding hands with another tiny orange speck running across the field lol..... if I work out how to get photos from Ians phone to pc i'll try and post some this week..

Hope you are having a good week

Emma xxx

Fabiola said...

jolie attention bravo

Lisa Jane said...

Great wall hanging - your mum will love it
Lisa ;)