Blogging Buddies

Follow Me

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday, 23 January 2010

Allsorts week 36 - Hearts & Flowers

Good morning and welcome to another Allsorts challenge. But first - a great big thank you to all that took part in last week's challenge - wow you really did like that colour combo didn't you!! Don't forget to pop over to the Allsorts blog to see who won Kirsten's fab prize and who was picked as the Top5.

Lisa has picked a great theme for this week of 'Hearts & Flowers'. I decided to go for something totally different to my usual style of project and I had a go at 'altered art' (ish!!!!! lol!!). I started with a reather dull and plain chipboard frame that I painted with Cosmic Shimmer sparkle paint then distressed the edges with Black Soot distress ink. I stamped Hero Arts CL375 Big Flowers onto swirl patterned grunge board then inked with Rocket Red brilliance ink and embossed with Cosmic Shimmer embossing powder, I also did the same to a couple of heart shapes. I cut the sentiment using the Slice and inked the edges with Balck Soot.I layered them onto the bottom of the frame, overlapping and using 3D foam pads to give some depth and dimension. Added a couple of black buttons to the flower centres and few flower and heart embellishments from stash. By the time I had finished this project I had the reddist (is that a real word???!!!) fingers I have ever seen lol!! but I can honestly say that I really enjoyed making it.

I hope you can pop over to see the other wonderful DT projects and that you can find some time to join us this week.

Thanks for popping over.

Have a great day.

TTFN

4 comments:

brenda said...

You already know I love this Debs, great work and so pleased you stuck with it.

B x

Cheryl said...

wow simply stunning,love those papers,wow hun you should be so proud of yourself as saw this on the main blog and thought wow just brilliant my friend love it hugs cheryl xxxxx

Lisa said...

Hi Debs, Wow this is fab! It is so nice to make something other than a card from time to time and you have certainly made a great job of it.

Lisa x

Juls said...

This is stunning! Love what you have done with the cosmic shimmers! Hugs Juls