I thought I would take the opportunity to make a few last minute Christmas gifts and I found a really simple recipe for Sugar Body Scrubs:
- 400g Granulated Sugar
- 150ml Sunflower Oil
- A little powdered food colouring (available from cake-making shops)
- 6-8 drops of Essential Oils (I made Lavender, Lemon & Orange scrubs)
- Mix the food colouring into the sugar - you only need a light colour change at this stage as it will darken when you add the oil.
- Add the Sunflower Oil and mix together well.
- Add the drops of Essential Oils
- It should sort of 'clump' together and fall off the spoon in lumps.
- Spoon scrub into a min. 400ml airtight jar (I purchased mine from Ikea for 89p)
- Decorate jar as required.
Would love to know if you decide to give this a try and what you think of it. I was impressed with how easy it was - but I think it makes a lovely gift - don't you?
Hope you have a great weekend.